Oztea's 1941 Global Setup

• This has gone through a lot of games and seems balanced.

Some quirks people in the community have brought to my attention are
    A) Japan can put the hurt on India (India Crush) if they want to, and you can’t stop it unless you max defend. But IF you max defend you have a decent shot at holding, so its super risky for Japan, and if you see it coming they have thrown the game away. So be cautious with India.

B) US can buy all transports round 1 and send a ton of units to Africa round 1. Really messes up Germany’s mojo. But….lets Japan get a head start in the Pacific.
    The counter to this is an airbase in Holland (which MAY be added to the setup) that allows massive German airpower to strike SZ 91 and kill all the US transports while they are lightly defended.

• Is there a way the allies can stop a J3 india crush?

• Move units from Egypt?

Feels like Revised.

I know its a problem but giving the UK too much more will imbalance things I feel.
    Maybe adding 2 more AA guns, or an ANZAC fighter instead.
    I don’t want to add units that can take and hold ground.

Maybe even a UK fighter. But honestly I don’t think India Crush works that well, without the key turns collecting the IPCs from the DEI, you get behind the US.

• Its that japan easily holds yunnan from china turn 1, stacks all air there round 2.

• japan can have 11 transports aswell, they will have at least 3 of the islands.

• Just played this setup at FMG 2013.
    Surprise Attack had it and set it up.  I liked the instant action for all of the allies.  And with the different setup give you all new ideas for playing the game right from the start.

• Its a fun change of pace I will do it again next year at the con. I might even do that set up this week end to mess with the guys.
    Glad you enjoyed it!
    S.A.

• Some setup changes to help the allies might come down the pipes in a few days so be on the look out.

I also will be adding right now the house rule we have been using, and I have forgot to include in this ruleset.
    The Japanese Kamikaze special rule is deactivated in the 1941 setup.

• Setup has been updated, Allies received (total added units)

Soviets (42 IPCs)
    4 infantry, 1 artillery, 1 tank, AA gun, destroyer, transport
    …spread over various territories

Chinese (9 IPCs)
    3 infantry in Sikang

United Kingdom (24 IPCs)
    2 AA guns, 1 bomber (canada & scotland)
    A sub became a destroyer in 82
    A destroyer&cruiser became a battleship in 98

ANZAC (25 IPCs)
    2 Infantry, 1 AA gun, airbase
    In western australia and northern terriory

France (46 IPCs)
    3 infantry, 1 artillery, sub, destroyer, cruiser, transport
    …spread over various territories

Now dont think of this as a 146 IPC boost. Because 49 of those IPCs are AA guns, transports and an airbase.
    But I think this brings the allies closer to an equal footing with the axis, who was winning 75% of games.

• Customizer

oz, I would love to see a 39 set-up from you. I’d play it.

• So im running through a game with myself (offline)
    And it’s turn 5, and the big climactic battle is about to happen for Moscow.

And somehow, the battle is featuring exactly 316 IPCs of units on both sides.

Germany : 26 Infantry, 9 Artillery, 16 Mech Infantry, 16 Tanks, 2 Fighters, 2 Tactical Bombers
    Soviets: 41 Infantry, 8 Artillery, 9 Mech Infantry, 9 Tanks, 4 Fighters, 1 Tactical Bomber, 4 AA Guns

The battle simulator says the Germans only have a 5% chance of victory.
    But they are kind of running out of time. The US and UK have strangled Italy into submission via convoy raiding, and are preparing large amounts of transports.

The saving grace: India will probably fall.
    I think the balance has been achieved.

• Do you have a savegame file for the new triplea version?

• It should be that one on the 1st post, I always update the triple A file when I update the setup

• India didn’t fall in my test game.

UK got 3/6 AAA hits and it sucked the wind out of the Japanese attack.
    India survived with 3 fighters and 2 infantry

Italy used its airforce in a suicide strike to destroy the American med fleet so they cant send in their transports because they have nothing to guard them, buying the axis a turn.

The German force near moscow grows, and the fate of the game probably hangs in the balance.
    Before I do it ill note the size of the attack for you guys.

• The German force that can hit Moscow on G6 is
    27 Infantry
    9 Artillery
    17 Mechanized Infantry
    17 Tanks
    3 Fighters
    3 Tactical Bombers
    1 Bomber

Against
    48 Infantry
    7 Artillery
    9 Mechanized Infantry
    9 Tanks
    4 Fighters
    1 Tactical Bomber
    4 AA guns

The Germans have a 10% chance of victory

Their other option is to abandon Bryansk and swing the massive force south and make a huge play on Stalingrad and Caucasus
    But the clock ticks, a massive US/UK transport force sits at Gibratlar and it can hit way too many places.

What should Germany do?
    Tempt fate and hope they roll well?
    Or swing south? And let the Red Menace march forward?

• Savegame file in OP is old tripleA version: 1.6.1.4
    Wondering if you have an updated file for 1.7.0.3?

• I didn’t install 1.7.0.3 yet….
    I will when I get time.

• ah, i see ;)

• '17 '16 '15

Couldn’t find the latest triple a update so here it is.   Checked it a few times,but still might have missed something.

Don’t know if anyone plays this anymore and I’m not a top tier player, but FWIW I think this is the best Global version out there.

:)

Oztea’s 41 1.8.0.3.tsvg

• Sponsor

IL, this should be a sticky thread.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m