• UK is probably the most complicated in terms of teaching someone how to play.  You are usually the only major allied power that can attack turn 1 which makes your opening buy/moves critical.

• Okay I downloaded TripleA, now what?

• Start it up, press play online, then create account, then log on.

• okay so how would you teach me or how would we play? I am on the East coast of America if that helps with timing the game.

• Very standard and safe purchases:

UK Atlantic - 8 infantry/artillery all on London (to hedge against Sealion); 6 infantry/fighter if you’re feeling frisky.

UK Pacific - 3 infantry/artillery/mech infantry if you want some teeth; 4 infantry AA gun for straight up defense.

Anzac - destroyer/save 2 or transport/infantry are both solid purchases.

• Or airbase 1 fighter 1 inf, or minor and rest inf, or for anzac 1 fighter, etc.  It all really depends on what the axis did.

• @capnstak:

okay so how would you teach me or how would we play? I am on the East coast of America if that helps with timing the game.

Ask around online, if you see ghr2 on, slap him.

• @ghr2:

Or airbase 1 fighter 1 inf, or minor and rest inf, or for anzac 1 fighter, etc.  It all really depends on what the axis did.

ghr2 - if Germany purchased all fleet, your first two purchases pretty much guarantee a successful Sealion. If Germany bought no navy, I can see it.

• It also depends on the bid.  If the UK bit 3 Inf in London they can get away with building a bit outside of London.  Normally though, the bid goes to Africa/China/Med and I build 6 Inf, 1 Ftr UK1 in London.

• 6 infantry/fighter London is my favorite UK1 purchase. Gives a little more flexibility and maintains defense.

• @Stalingradski:

6 infantry/fighter London is my favorite UK1 purchase. Gives a little more flexibility and maintains defense.

Also allows some air to go south to fight Italy.

• Absolutely - every round UK can build a fighter is a good turn. They are pretty much the best unit they can build, second only to infantry.

• @Stalingradski:

Absolutely - every round UK can build a fighter is a good turn. They are pretty much the best unit they can build, second only to infantry.

Or Navy…

• Yes, agreed, and it depends what you’re up to.

If Germany is pretty clearly not going Sealion, build at least 1 IC in either Persia or Iraq… and if you can get away with it, Egypt. That’s 3 ICs in the center of the board for UK, or a minimum of 27 IPCs to fill them every round.

Add a single fighter a turn to London, that’s 37 IPCs. That’s usually a pretty normal UK in games I play.

But, if you decide to have an Atlantic and/or Indian Ocean presence, yes yes yes to navy and air combined.

• @Stalingradski:

@ghr2:

Or airbase 1 fighter 1 inf, or minor and rest inf, or for anzac 1 fighter, etc.  It all really depends on what the axis did.

ghr2 - if Germany purchased all fleet, your first two purchases pretty much guarantee a successful Sealion. If Germany bought no navy, I can see it.

I like to do this sometimes.  Instead of buying a Navy in G1 - I’ll just do a basic buy, either troops or a plane and troops.  UKE will lower their defenses (I didn’t buy Navy, I’m obviously not going UK) and will focus on the med or Africa.  G2 - transports (5-7 depending), launch on G3 - take it 85% of the time.  Then just move on down to Gib, let Italy out - and take out US.  Hasn’t worked quite like that yet, but its come close a couple of times.

• @Stalingradski:

@ghr2:

Or airbase 1 fighter 1 inf, or minor and rest inf, or for anzac 1 fighter, etc.  It all really depends on what the axis did.

It effectively stops turn 3 sealion. So the only thing you would need to worry about is a turn 2, which depends on the german airforce’s position and/or if he bought extra transports.  In which case, I would probably go with the 6 inf 1 fighter buy.  I always calculate what I will need to hold london.

• Having the 106 transport survive makes a very big difference.

• @AK_Grown:

I like to do this sometimes.  Instead of buying a Navy in G1 - I’ll just do a basic buy, either troops or a plane and troops.  UKE will lower their defenses (I didn’t buy Navy, I’m obviously not going UK) and will focus on the med or Africa.  G2 - transports (5-7 depending), launch on G3 - take it 85% of the time.  Then just move on down to Gib, let Italy out - and take out US.  Hasn’t worked quite like that yet, but its come close a couple of times.

My 92 stack gives the UK incredible flexibility in defending sealion, and still threatening italy.  I would have like 5 less infantry than normal, but I will be bringing home all of my air, navy, and maybe the malta garrison.  Easily makes up for it.

• ghr, by not hitting the Italian navy turn 1, you give them a much easier avenue to Cairo than otherwise.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m