• Customizer

As you can see, the decks aren’t complete on these carriers…  Hoping Jeremy will start posting pics of the completed sets…

IT Carriers top view.jpg
    IT Carrier side view with plane close up.jpg

• Customizer

Ah - one more carrier shot found.  Have a ton of other pics of the figs in the process stage but it’s such a pain to upload these suckers…  :x

IT carrier and plane again.jpg

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Cool! Always love to see more of your work. Especially like the carriers V.

Look forward to more.

• Customizer

Thanks man, bummer you’re seeing the carriers before actual completion - but ya get the idea.

I’m actually really excited to post pics of the massive amount of mods I’ve done to my AA50th pieces… you’ll dig 'em, seriously went over the edge on the project.

For now, here’s some more in-the-process Italians…

Huh… telling me the uploader is full, but the file size is fine (same as previous).  Admin or mod?  Please advise…

• very nice painting. The dark lineing/washes give them thats sence of depth/scale which makes them easy on the eye.

• Customizer

Thanks Chag - always nice to hear from a talented painter!  Have a lot more pics… but this forum is a pain to upload to… can’t seem to get the others up here despite them being the same as those already posted…  :|

• Customizer

OOrah fellow Desert Stormer!!!

Wish I could get my pieces in Playable state like yours.
    I got my start with A&A as a boot Marine in 1988 and never liked the OOB units and thus began scratchbuilding for my original Game.
    Great job!!

• Customizer

:-D

Cheers Sgt.  Eh eh eh … oh yeah… good times.

In regard to the OOB… I go back and forth with the OOB pieces man, on one end I kinda like that there isn’t a whole lot of detail - that way it leaves room for more elaborate painting (and now modding).  But on the other hand… when an OOB piece still looks plain when your done is frustrating, and next to some of the newer pieces from FMG and HBG, well…  But then again, I’m working with the AA50th, so I think it kinda appropriate to include a variety of OOB pieces, kinda like a tribute to the game kinda thing ya know?

BUT, I try to keep in mind that they are gaming pieces and with that in mind, I design mine so that "ease of gaming/recognition trumps historical accuracy (not that I’d stand for inaccuracies mind you ;).  I don’t have the luxury of playing with folks who are WWII savvy to the level of knowing particular units… if I still lived in the states and played with one of my original crews… yeah, different story then, wouldn’t worry about easily identifying the piece.  But recently been painting a couple units from each nation (my AA50th - the Italians above are with FMG now) to more closely resemble their historical counterparts.  Looking forward to posting some of those pics…

IT hvy tnks.jpg
    Hvy tank side.jpg

• Customizer

Some transports/bombers…

IT 3 prop bombers 1.jpg

• Customizer

Couldn’t fit this one on the last post…

More IT bombers.jpg

• Customizer

Hey…uhhh… modsters.  That file prob., you care that I;m uploading these or you need some breathing space?  8-)

Some aircraft…

It Planes 1.jpg
    close up IT planes 1 .jpg

• Customizer

My own games only see mech. infantry via tech. dev., so I had a good time painting these…

Front IT mech inf.jpg

• Customizer

Too much mech. for AAorg, that last one had to be posted on its own…

IT Mech side.jpg
    IT Mech several.jpg

• Customizer

And if you’ve glanced at my own AAA50th set, you’ll know I’m a big fan of tanks.  :evil:

Two tanks in the desert.jpg
    IT tanks more.jpg

• Customizer

And my last one until I bother to go and recover the in-process pics…

And yeah, they’re tanks in the desert.  8-)

Add: Whew… these photos look uhhh, different.  What’s up with that… going to check on reducing the sizes or something… grrr.

IT tanks.jpg

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Viracocha:

And my last one until I bother to go and recover the in-process pics…

And yeah, they’re tanks in the desert.  8-)

Add: Whew… these photos look uhhh, different.  What’s up with that… going to check on reducing the sizes or something… grrr.

AWESOME! but yes… would be more awesome if I could see them properly.  :lol: I guess there is such a thing as too much resolution. Hopefully you can shrink your picture sizes or something.

Love the heavy tanks.

• Customizer

“V”,

––Thanks for posting some more pics,…and just for me, wow! :-D
    ----Some really nice paint jobs there “V”. I always enjoy looking at your painted units.
    ----And by the way, I’m sorry but you shouldn’t expect any royalty checks for your part in naming my ‘gang’. :roll:

Happy New Year Buddy,
    “Tall Paul”

• '12

Amazing painting job. Im amazed the painting detail you get on your navy pieces. If you lived closer I would have loved to meet you and show me.

• Customizer

Cheers Hoff - unfortunately, have a lot of other photos of these sets but they’re all of that funky resolution level *shrug.

Paul - dammit Texan!  I deserve royalties - royalties I say! eh eh eh - and a here’s to your 2013 as well (raises pint).

Thanks Georgemak1 - would love to meet up and hell, have a game.  These FMG’s are actually in Canada now though, hopefully Jeremy takes some pics of the finished ones and posts 'em.

• Customizer

“V”,

––I was IN FAVOR of your receiving some royalties,…but I was overruled by the Board of Directors. :roll:
    @Viracocha:

Paul - dammit Texan!  I deserve royalties - royalties I say! eh eh eh - and a here’s to your 2013 as well (raises pint).

––And although I’ve lived/worked in Texas for 12 years now, I’m a native to Louisiana, Shreveport to be exact. So to be correct, your statement should read,…Dammit Louisianan,…or Dammit “redneck”. :-D
    ----Keep up the good work and stay happy.

“Tall Paul”

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m