• If UK attacked your navy in 97 (which in most cases they should), then I’d buy a figher to replace the one possibly lost due to scramble, and hit the remaining fleet in 97. If there is no fleet in 97 kill the french units there. Attack Southern France. Possibly stack in Alexandria depending on what UK did. Remember germany can and should land planes in Alexandria to support Italy. If entire 97 is untouched then I’d buy 2 inf and a mech. The mech to be used with a tank in russia to pose the threat of a can open. Honestly italy is a lot harder to play than Germany once you become an expert on this map.

• Some good ideas for Italy, but I wonder if the Axis is better served letting Germany take southern France.  This would give the Germans a factory to build boats to dominate the Med.  Letting Italy take Bulgaria might be a decent trade-off for the Reich.  Any thoughts?

• I agree with that and have done that in my games as axis.  I will let Germany clean up southern france T2.  I also like to give Germany Yugoslavia and Greece.  I know it is bad for Italy but lets face it ships are expensive and Germany can drop them down faster in the med then Italy.  Protect the med… stall the US, and cut off the British and you can have a shot at taking Egypt rnd 4, maybe even 3? Then I will let Italy take pro axis Iraq.

• I’m not sure it is worth it for Germany to build up a fleet in the med though. That is money that is not going to kill Russia, and those ships can be taken out by UK with all her planes.

• Italy needs transports to get troops and armor over to Africa quick before US starts flooding the med with ships.  how do you build and protect transports for Italy to get over to Africa after most or all her navy destroyed by UK and French ships…

• Italy doesn’t have to get into Africa. If you can’t take Egypt without a huge expenditure by Germany in the med, than it probably isn’t worth it. That is because Italy needs as many troops in Europe as possible to stop landings. Germany needs as much of his troops going East as possible. The way you end up getting Egypt as the axis is through Germany coming from the middle east after having taken out Moscow.

• So do you build a Germany navy early in the game to threaten sea lion to keep UK spending ipc’s on the home island rather than dumping them into Africa? I have found from my experience if Italy doesn’t battle the Brits in Africa …. There’s just too many turns UK has to be dumping tanks and troops into Africa making it really hard to take eygpt after a big Moscow battle for Germany.

• I think you are underestimating the resources that Germany will have after taking Russia out. Not only the resources, but the position that he will be in. With Italy defending his back door, Germany can go almost 100% against UK in Egypt. You don’t need a fleet for this. Just walk your troops down through the middle east and into Cairo.

• Here’s a move not too many people see coming.  As the axis we’re going for London, but it can be hard to do for Germany on her own. So . . . .      save Normandy for the Italians, allowing a Minor I.C. to be purchased !!! 
    This opens up a second front against London.
    Try and get your navy out of the Med and up to the English Chanel.
    Easy Blitz for a tank from your original factory to your new one eh ?,
    Maybe Germany can strike the French Med fleet ??
    Imagine Italy in control of London, all the extra cash, the prestige !!

Cheers,
    Starlight Sniper

• Italy taking London?! Now I’m intrigued!  That sounds crazy awesome.  Have no idea how it could work.  A risky move, no doubt. Like letting Italy clean up Paris after Germany does the dirty work.  I’m a big fan of non traditional strategies.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m