• Hello everyone,I’m new to the forum.

With the 41’ sculpts having only the two designs. Do people know of any similar looking pieces for the other nations, or if there was any kind of lend-lease going on with them? I’ve added any suggestions for conversion or if a design was used by multiple nations, but please help me complete them.

Such as how can these be adapted to German pieces?
    Kongo class Battlecrusier
    Yamazuki Maru Transport
    Kaichu Type submarine
    Akitsuki Class Destroyer
    Akagi Aircraft Carrier

and these to Japanese pieces?
    Fw-190 Fighter
    He-111 Bomber
    Tiger 1

these to American and Russian pieces?
    Admiral Class battlecruiser
    U Class Submarine
    Fort Class Transport
    Avro Lancaster

These to British and Russian pieces?
    Sumner Class Destroyer
    P-40 Warhawk ( British Commonwealth and Soviet air forces used the name Tomahawk for models equivalent to the P-40B and P-40C)

This to American and British pieces?
    Kostromitinova class carrier
    JS-2 Tank

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

You are asking if these model classes were used by respective allies? As in, did Germany have anything that looked like a Kongo or Japan have anything that looked like a Tiger?

If that is the question, then for the most part the answer is no. If you are trying to get proper nation-specific pieces you might as well just buy one of the other games or get some from Historical Board Gaming… it would be a lot easier than physically modifying the pieces from Spring '41.

• Customizer

Darkshadow,

As my knowledgable friend LHoffman has stated,…I also suggest you check-out Historical Board Gaming.

Here’s a link www.historicalboardgaming.com

You’ll find a lot of “answers” there to your questions, including Great selection, Service, and FAST Shipping! Do yourself a favor and look at ALL the different versions of A&A, including HBG’s own custom designed units.

“Tall Paul”

• Thanks guys, I have copies of Europe and pacific 2nd ed and recently bought some of HBG’s fantastic sculpts but was wondering what to do with my 41 pieces, I guess for the most part simplest thing would be to spray them for the correct nation (though I doubt Russia will ever need 6 carriers).

• Customizer

Darkshadow,

@Darkshadow:

I guess for the most part simplest thing would be to spray them for the correct nation (though I doubt Russia will ever need 6 carriers).

“Commie Carriers Coming!”

“Tall Paul”

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Darkshadow:

Thanks guys, I have copies of Europe and pacific 2nd ed and recently bought some of HBG’s fantastic sculpts but was wondering what to do with my 41 pieces, I guess for the most part simplest thing would be to spray them for the correct nation (though I doubt Russia will ever need 6 carriers).

Oh… I do believe I understand now. And yes, your best option is probably to spray them to match the correct nation (as best you can anyway). If you do not want the ones you cannot use, you could list them in the Marketplace section of the forum and see if anyone wants to buy or trade for them.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m