• Is this game still worth buying since the second edition is out?
    Also I already the revised edition that look pretty similar to this one.
    Any taught on this?

• TripleA

The second edition is a whole different setup and strategy, so it’s really up to you, although personally (if you don’t have any of these), I’d buy 1942 2nd Ed first.

As to your second question, 1942 (1st Ed) is pretty much revised with cruisers and some updated rules, so if you have the option, 1942 (1st) is probably the better of those two.

Personally, I have Revised and now 1942 2nd Ed, and I’m keeping the revised map and charts, printing out the charts for 1942 1st Ed, and of course keeping 1942 2nd Ed. That way I can play all three. Four actually, since I found Classic at a rummage sale for $0.50. Anyways, though……      =)

• I think I’ll do what you did. Buy 1942 2nd edition (found a store that sells 1942 2nd ed and 1941 for 62$) and print the 1942 1st chart and rules. Could you please tell me where you found the chart and rulebook.

Thanks for your advice

• for 25 bucks, its worth having…think of the ICs, AAs, chips, and pieces you can pillage from this game to help out the other games…you’ll never get this stuff that cheap indivdually (unless you happen to go back to that guys garage sale!  :-D )

• TripleA

Check out the resource page on this website. Here’s a link: http://www.axisandallies.org/resources-downloads/

• @Mallery29:

for 25 bucks, its worth having…think of the ICs, AAs, chips, and pieces you can pillage from this game to help out the other games…you’ll never get this stuff that cheap indivdually (unless you happen to go back to that guys garage sale!  :-D )

You are right for 25 it is a great deal for backup pieces.

Finally I bought the 1941, 1942 first ed and 1942 2nd ed for 90$.
    Great deal I think.

• For the pieces it is a great deal for 25$
    but i prefer revised then 1942

but i prefer 1942 2nd ed  :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m