• To speed up playing of the game, especially over internet, one could try to make it fully turn based,
    as the decisions made in other players turn are not huge (assigning casualties).

I was wondering whether you guys would think that assigning casualties according to some fixed rule would greatly mess up strategy and/or the balance of the game.

I.e.,

1. always take casualties in from high IPC value to low IPC value (except maybe lose bombers before fighters.) The first hit on a BB would of course have IPC value 0.
    2. break ties by sacrificing US first, then UK, then Russia (as russian units typically have more strategic value).

The biggest issue seems to be submarines, and when to submerge them? I have not come with anything satisfactory for that, it often depends on the specific situation and the dice.

A possibility to mitigate this is to use the above fixed rules, EXCEPT when a player declares some other order in his own turn. But maybe this defeats the whole purpose of speeding up the game.

I guess the greatest mess-up would be the beginning of the game, as submerging US sub near hawai and the UK fleet + R sub above UK are better done dynamically based on the number of attacking units. Later on, both sides would adapt their unit placement based on the static rules.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I don’t like it…

• Me neither, but it would greatly enhance playability over internet.

• @Gargantua:

I don’t like it…

I agree… I can understand Global to an extent how long turns can be(it shouldn’t take you more than 5 mins for a China,Anzac,France turn), but in '42?  Really?  R1 should take like 20mins (and most of that being Germany) because the other four powers really can’t do much off the start.  But for some piece of paper to determine what I should lose is BS…The only time it calls anything out in the book is the AA fire, where you have to specify what the AA is hitting (if you have a complement of FTR and BMB). Â

If you are taking an hour for a round, either you are not familiar with '42 play or something else  :cry:

• unless you are both online at the same time, don’t you think NOT being on at the same time is what is causing the problem of the games?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

A considerable amount of game strategy comes in the dice, and the order of loss…

• @Mallery29:

unless you are both online at the same time, don’t you think NOT being on at the same time is what is causing the problem of the games?

double negative……There’s my 440 on the SAT at work…(at least I can do math!)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m