• Hey guys, I’ve been lurking in the threads for a little while now just never made an account. Looking at some of the pictures of the painted pieces that other members have done inspired me to do the same.

I’ve been at it for about 2 weeks, Japan is almost finished. Mind you I’ve never painted (maybe a model when I was young) so be gentle with the heckling haha. I’ll post pictures later! Any comments and constructive criticism is welcome! I still have a long way to go…

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

I want to do the same thing, but for Global 1940. However, I just haven’t gotten around to it yet.

Welcome to the site and Good Luck. Looking forward to seeing your work.

• I’m doing the same for Global 40 when I get all the pieces.  I’ve alrady ordered decals from I-94 Enterprises.  Should be here soon.  I’m just painting them a better base color for each country and then putting decals on.  Maybe some window paint or something.  Some people have beautiful sets but I don’t have that kind of time.

• If you guys have links to some of these custom pieces that would be great. I would just like to see what some people have done/ what can be done.

• I have painted a lot of my pieces but I am still not even close to half.  I think I have about fifteen painted Jap infantry, about six of every type of ship including the cruisers, three tanks and artillery, twenty fighters and six bombers.  The Americans are about as far along except they have even more painted tanks and artillery.  I have a similar number of british troops painted except fewer infantry.  My Brits are painted in two colors; a tropical and a temperate uniform.  I have only a dozen russian infantry painted, six tanks, six artillery and two fighters, and one sub.  The Germans are about like the British troops.  I have also painted a handful of the Aussies from Pac40.  The fighters and bombers are getting a striped camo look.  I can only say once you get started you won’t want to stop.  They look great.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Concealer:

If you guys have links to some of these custom pieces that would be great. I would just like to see what some people have done/ what can be done.

A number of people have threads on these forums regarding their painting of pieces… if you didn’t know that already. Allworkandnoclay has one under Pacific 1940 and I know there is another under the Anniversary Edition forum. They are both very cool.

• Thanks for the welcome! I’ve been busy with work and haven’t taken pictures yet haha. I have however finished Germany and now working on America… Germany in my opinion looks 100 times better than Japan… I should’ve used the Russians as my starters since the vast majority of their pieces just sit in the box…

Yeah I too plan on buying AAP40 and AAE40… Painting all those will keep me busy for lord knows how long.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m