• If a vehicle with a blast attack (eg Sturmpanzer IV) is in the same hex with 2 enemy infantry units and attacks those units, does the blast attack roll against itself as it is a “friendly unit” within the target hex?

It would seem so if you take it literally, but doesn’t make sense.

• Me and my friends had a similar debate.  I attacked a Panzergrenadier with a Katyusha.  Also in the same hex was a sniper.  They were both in a forest hex and as we all know, snipers cant be targeted at med/long range while in cover.  However I stated that I wasnt targeting the sniper but the Panzergrenadier and therefore according to the blast rules, must roll against the sniper too.  He didnt like my reasoning but he let me do it anyways.

As for your particular situation, blast should affect you according to the rules.  However like you said, it does sound really dumb.  Its not like if hes shooting straight up now is he? lol  If I were you id just ignore thar rule about rolling against yourself in such situation.

• Founder TripleA Admin

The Sturmpanzer cannot attack units in the same hex at the Sturmpanzer. It can only attack units in front of it and units in the same hex are in the flank.

@crjdriver:

If a vehicle with a blast attack (eg Sturmpanzer IV) is in the same hex with 2 enemy infantry units and attacks those units, does the blast attack roll against itself as it is a “friendly unit” within the target hex?

It would seem so if you take it literally, but doesn’t make sense.

• The same hex is neither front nor rear. Currently this only matters for one unit, the Archer, since otherwise it would be able to fire in the same hex.

Superior Camoflauge prevents you from targetting a sniper in cover, but if there is another legal target (in this case the PG), then you can simply target it and then blast hits everything else in the square.  This is somewhat like firing at a transport, where you can’t target the unit being transported - but blast will still hit it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m