QUESTION FROM A NEW PLAYER RE: AA MINIATURES

• GREETINGS FELLOW GAMERS!

QUESTION ABOUT THE ATTACK PHASE IN AA MINIATURES…

DO THE DIE ROLLS STACK OR COMBINE?  THAT IS: ASSUMING NONE OF THE ATTACKING UNITS ARE  DISRUPTED OR DAMAGED… IF I HAVE LET’S SAY AN M1 GARAND UNIT IN ONE HEX AND AND A SHERMAN IN THE SAME OR DIFFERENT HEX AND THEY ARE ATTACKING  ONE UNIT (LET’S SAY A PNZER) AND THEY ARE BOTH WITHIN RANGE… CAN I COMBINE ALL OF THE DICE AND JUST ROLL ONCE? OR DO I HAVE TO ROLL FOR EACH UNIT THAT IS ATTACKING AS A SEPARATE DIE ROLL

EXAMPLE: M1 GARAND GUY: 1 HEX AWAY GETS 2 DICE AGAINST A VEHICLE, ABRAMS  AT 4 HEXES AWAY GET 11 DICE AGAINST A VEHICLE…IS THAT A TOTAL OF 13 DICE?..CAN I ROLL AT ONCE?  OR IS IT ONE ROLL AT 11 AND ANOTHER SEPARATE ROLL AT TWO…

THANKS ALL…

all units roll individually from each other. You cant stack them to get more dice.

• Also have played my first three games and have a few quesitons.

1.  Infantry in same hex as tank.  Does tank get front or rear defense?

2.  For line of sight, does only the hex the defending unit end its turn in count?  Meaning can a unit move across an open field into a town, but only be shot at in the town?

3.  If a unit is transported and transport dies, does it die as well?

4.  Had a SIG 33 with bombardment attacking a sniper with enhanced camo in a forest.  Which special ability gets to be used?

Thanks for the help.

• '18 Customizer

@conanthelibrarian:

Also have played my first three games and have a few quesitons.

1.  Infantry in same hex as tank.  Does tank get front or rear defense?

2.  For line of sight, does only the hex the defending unit end its turn in count?  Meaning can a unit move across an open field into a town, but only be shot at in the town?

3.  If a unit is transported and transport dies, does it die as well?

4.  Had a SIG 33 with bombardment attacking a sniper with enhanced camo in a forest.  Which special ability gets to be used?
    Thanks for the help.

1. Rear defence

2. Please restate question

3. Yes the boarded unit dies also.

4. The snipers SA Camoflage doesn’t allow the Sig33 to be able to see it, so there is no attack. However if there is another unit in the hex with the sniper then you may target the sniper also with the B & B SA’s.

As a general rule in AAM. SA’s that say ‘can’t or cannot’ will trump SA’s that allow you to ‘do’ or say ‘can’ to do something.  So in the Sig33 example the camoflage SA trumps the Blast and Bombardment SA’s.

• Thanks for the quick relpy.

As for quesiton 2.

Say a tank starts out in the open, then during assault phase (it’s side won iitiative and choose first) moves say 3 spaces behind an obstacle which blocks LOS.  If I have a tank that could see the enemy tank when it started, but not when it finished it’s movement, can I shoot at it where it started?  Or can I only shoot at it wherever it finishes?

Hope that makes more sense.  Thanks.

• '18 Customizer

@conanthelibrarian:

Thanks for the quick relpy.

As for quesiton 2.

Say a tank starts out in the open, then during assault phase (it’s side won iitiative and choose first) moves say 3 spaces behind an obstacle which blocks LOS.  If I have a tank that could see the enemy tank when it started, but not when it finished it’s movement, can I shoot at it where it started?  Or can I only shoot at it wherever it finishes?

Hope that makes more sense.  Thanks.

I understand what you mean now, thanks.

No you loose line of sight when the tank moves behind a terrain that blocks LOS so therefore you loose the shot. Thats the thing about winning initiative, you choose who goes first and second. He who goes first gets to be aggressive or defensive first and the other player goes second but gets the advantage of reacting to his opponents movements before the combat phase. So the second player can completely change the first players intent by reacting second like in your example of a tactical withdrawl behind blocking terrain. In games where you are defensive it tends to be beneficial to allow your opponent to go first.

Anything else thats unclear?

• Im sure I’ll run into some things but that is it for now.  Thanks for your help.

I’m really enjoying playing the miniatures game.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m