• So your sig is that important eh?

Does that stadium have a nick-name, like the house that the Cleveland Indians built?

• Tino was the Yankee’s best slugger during the playoffs. He had the least errors of any infielder (actually, I believe he was tied with Jeter). And, he is the only player ever to hit 2 Grand Slams in a world series (vs the Padres).

And, he’s cheaper than Giambi!

• isn’t he kicking ass thus far on whatever team he’s on. last time i heard his name mentioned he won the game…i can’t remember the team name.

• '19 Moderator

The official name is Bank One Ballpark, but everyone calls it the Bob.

• '19 Moderator

Take that Met fans!
    Now lets see if we can split the series.

• thje sox did the same to the yanks. hopefully the mets go 3-1!

• Imagine a pool in Yankee stadium like the one in “Bob”, during the playoffs of course!

• '19 Moderator

Some facts about the Bob. (I was a little off on my info)

The retractable roof, comprising 9 million pounds of structural steel, operates on the same tried-and-true technology found in drawbridges and overhead traveling cranes. A pair of 200-horsepower motors open or close the roof in slightly more than four minutes, utilizing more than four miles of cable strung through a pulley system. Each half of the roof consists of three moveable trusses which telescope over a fixed end truss. The east and west sides of the roof can operate either in unison or independently. Either side of the roof can be opened to any position in order to maximize sunlight on the turf and minimize it on the interior steel and concrete.

The 8,000-ton cooling system is the equivalent of air conditioning for more than 2,500 typical Arizona homes. The system incorporates air handlers and a large cooling tower on the south side of the Ballpark. The air handlers push 1.2 million cubic feet of air per minute across cooling coils containing water chilled to 48 degrees (several degrees cooler than an average residential system). The system, which is designed to bring the temperature down by 30 degrees in three hours, is configured to deliver cool air only to the seating areas and concourses. It will not cool the entire volume of the Ballpark.

In recreating an upscale Arizona backyard, the Pavilion gives about 35 guests the opportunity to see the Diamondbacks play while enjoying a swimming pool, hot tub, fountains, catering and other amenities.

The Pavilion is located next to the outfield wall in right-center. With the pool approximately 415 feet from home plate, home runs occasionally make a splash. When a Diamondback homers, water cannons celebrate by firing streams 30 to 35 feet into the air.

In case your interested in getting tickets, The Pool Pavilion rents for $5,250 per game and includes the exclusive use of the facility on your game date, 35 tickets, 5 parking passes, and a complimentary pool towel and pair of Sensi sandals for each guest.

“Always mystify confuse and confound the enemy” Gen. Thomas J Jackson
    D-Backs- 17W 11L

Red

[ This Message was edited by: dezrtfish on 2002-05-03 13:02 ]

• '19 Moderator

I don’t know why I thought we had a three game series with the mets. Oh well some times you loose the series. Not very often though.

• Yanny, yer a Zappa fan? Me too! Can’t wait for the new live release. A few favorite lines…

“Just remember folks, there’s a big difference between kneeling down and bending over.”

voice #1 “I…I’ve lost it!”
    voice #2 “What, yer talent for sucking?”

“thirty-six, twenty-four, hips about thirty,
    I spied a fine lady and I started talkin’ dirty.”

and there’s SO much more.

• Big Fan. Too bad he died before I was old enough to see him live.

• "The Pool Pavilion rents for $5,250 per game and includes the exclusive use of the facility on your game date, 35 tickets, 5 parking passes, and a complimentary pool towel and pair of Sensi sandals for each guest. "

Chuck and Bob pitzer were in that pool on battlebots…only on comedy central. for more battlebots action go to http://www.battlebots.com

• Y,
    Try some Zappa,Metallica, or Pink.
    –-------------------------------------------------------------
    NAME THAT QUOTE
    “…and the survey says…”

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m