• Sponsor

I must take Callcutta J4, here’s my plan.

I want to attack India from sea, so I will need a clear path for my transports along the shore line. I will eliminate all screens and blockers J3, due to the strong positioning of my warships during J2 NCM. I won’t attack Hunan, so that I can get as much land units in FIC J2, in order to smash Shan State and hold it J3, which will be crucial for my air force landings J4.

Is it possible for the allies to brake this plan.

Blue print and details are below.

• Sponsor

Japan #1

Purchase new units:

3 transports
    1 infantry
    $2 saved

Combat movements:

Attack Chahar with:
    2 infantry from Jehol and 1 mech infantry from Manchuria

Attack Anhwe with:
    3 infantry from Shantung

Non-combat movements:

3 infantry and 1 artillery from Kiangsi will move into Kwangsi

3 infantry from Kiangsu will move into Kiangsi

All air units from Manchuria, Kiangsu, Okinawa, and Formosa will fly to Kwangsi

All carrier based air units and 2 strategic bombers will fly to Kwangsi

Move all warships into 36

Fly 1 fighter from Korea, 2 fighters from Japan, and 2 tac bombers onto the carriers in 36

The transport in 6 will load 1 infantry from Korea and 1 tank from Japan and move to 36 to drop them in Kwangsi

The transport in 19 will load 1 infantry and 1 artillery from Manchuria and move to 36 to drop them in Kwangsi

The transport in 20 will move to 6 Move 2 infantry and 1 AA gun from Manchuria into Jehol

Place new units:

Place all new sea units in 6 and 1 infantry in Japan

Collect income:

Income = $26
    New income = $2
    National objective = $10
    Saved money =$2 Total = $40

• Sponsor

Japan #2

Purchase new units:

4 transports
    4 infantry

Combat movements:

Attack FIC with
    All land units from Kwangsi

Non-combat movements:

Move all warships (except for 2 destroyers) from 36 into 38 and fly 6 fighters from Kiangsi onto the carriers in 38

Fly all remaining air units to Siam

Move 2 destroyers from 36 to 19

Move 2 transports from 36 to 6

Place new units:

Place 4 new transports in 6
    Place 4 new infantry in Japan

Collect income:

Original income = $26
    New income = $4

Total income = $30

• Sponsor

Japan #3

Purchase new units:

1 air base
    1 naval base

Combat movements:

Block to prevent occupation of 37 and 38 Attack enemy ships that are in the lane to India and that can attack 36

Attack Shan State with
    all land units from FIC and Siam

Attack Kwangtung with
    3 infantry from Kiangsi and air units from Siam

Non-combat movements:

Block to prevent occupation of 37 and 38

Load 10 transports from 6 to 36 and drop in FIC

Move 1 destroyer from 19 into 24 and the second destroyer from 19 into 16

Fly all Japanese air units to FIC

Place new units

Place both new bases on FIC

Collect income:

Original income = $26
    New income = $7

Total = 33

• Sponsor

Japan #4

Purchase new units:

10 infantry
    Or
    3 infantry and 2 IC
    Or
    7 infantry and 1 IC

Combat movements:

Attack India with every thing possible

Non Combat movements:

Defend victory cities and Capital

Collect income:

$$$$$$$…… $

• won’t china be collecting 14, and with 2 inf 2 art a turn be pushing you out of the coastal territories?

• '10

@Young:

Japan #2

Move 2 destroyers from 36 to 6

I have not yet checked all your moves, but this one caught my eye : sz36 to sz6 = 3 movement and you didn’t build a NB on Hai or Kwa on J1 so this is impossible.

• Sponsor

@Axisplaya:

@Young:

Japan #2

Move 2 destroyers from 36 to 6

I have not yet checked all your moves, but this one caught my eye : sz36 to sz6 = 3 movement and you didn’t build a NB on Hai or Kwa on J1 so this is impossible.

You are correct I will edit my BP and move them into 19 J2 instead. I don’t have my board, is 19 2 spaces away from 24?

• '10

Since you don’t play by forum, only real games, and since your like to discuss strategy a lot, here is a VERY VERY useful link for you:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=19489.0

So you can check you things, and even prepare strategies without your board.

I’ve used this daily for months before i got Battlemap…

:wink:

• What rule set are you using?

• It has been a long time since I did a J4 India Crush, but I have done it about four times, so I do have a good feel it for it.

Now, having said that, it can not “technically” be stopped I think, but I believe the Allies can make the cost of Japan doing it from an amphibious assault too high.  In the one game where I thwarted the attack here was my general game plan:

Bring the UK fleet and planes from the Med. and S. Africa to India.  Build all naval units (carriers if possible) with India.  Fly ANZAC planes to sea zone 39 and land on UK carriers.  Move all French and ANZAC naval units into a combined Allied fleet by India.  Now, this was several months ago, but my memory tells me that after round three, the Allies can have a defensive fleet roughly comparable to Japans offensive fleet (not including all of their land based planes, just units in the water).  Japan can sink it, but, the cost would be very, very high.  They would lose either a very large portion of their fleet or planes.  In conjunction with this plan, I had the US build fleet in the Pacific for the first three turns.  In my game, if Japan had chosen to go forward with the amphibious assault of India, the US fleet could’ve been able to run rough shod over the Pacific due to their fleet and airplane losses.

Problems with this Allied strategy:
    Italy gets big immediately.  The Allies are conceding the Med. to them from the start.
    In my opinion, if Japan sees the UK do this, they might be able to simply go overland to take India.
    Australia is an empty shell and Japan may have the option of taking them out instead of India.

Just my $.02 on the defensive plan to counter this.

• Sponsor

@Jeff28:

won’t china be collecting 14, and with 2 inf 2 art a turn be pushing you out of the coastal territories?

I will mop up half of China after Calcutta falls.

• Sponsor

@Shakespeare:

What rule set are you using?

I always play Alpha+3

• My question is what would you do when US builds 100% for pacific? Since you aren’t building any ships for the first 3 turns and you obviously can’t take the money islands for your NO bonus, so you won’t be making that much with Japan. So won’t the US just run all over you?

• Sponsor

@gsh34:

It has been a long time since I did a J4 India Crush, but I have done it about four times, so I do have a good feel it for it.

Now, having said that, it can not “technically” be stopped I think, but I believe the Allies can make the cost of Japan doing it from an amphibious assault too high.  In the one game where I thwarted the attack here was my general game plan:

Bring the UK fleet and planes from the Med. and S. Africa to India.  Build all naval units (carriers if possible) with India.  Fly ANZAC planes to sea zone 39 and land on UK carriers.  Move all French and ANZAC naval units into a combined Allied fleet by India.  Now, this was several months ago, but my memory tells me that after round three, the Allies can have a defensive fleet roughly comparable to Japans offensive fleet (not including all of their land based planes, just units in the water).  Japan can sink it, but, the cost would be very, very high.  They would lose either a very large portion of their fleet or planes.  In conjunction with this plan, I had the US build fleet in the Pacific for the first three turns.  In my game, if Japan had chosen to go forward with the amphibious assault of India, the US fleet could’ve been able to run rough shod over the Pacific due to their fleet and airplane losses.

Problems with this Allied strategy:
    Italy gets big immediately.  The Allies are conceding the Med. to them from the start.
    In my opinion, if Japan sees the UK do this, they might be able to simply go overland to take India.
    Australia is an empty shell and Japan may have the option of taking them out instead of India.

Just my $.02 on the defensive plan to counter this.

Thanks for the advice…. I will be doing this in a 6 player game, so it’s not suspected that the 3 player allies will work together in such a way to throw me back into the sea, they might not be expecting such an agressive landing from the sea. If they try, I will sacrifice my fleet if it means breathing room for Italian teammate.

• Sponsor

@theROCmonster:

My question is what would you do when US builds 100% for pacific? Since you aren’t building any ships for the first 3 turns and you obviously can’t take the money islands for your NO bonus, so you won’t be making that much with Japan. So won’t the US just run all over you?

Honestly, without the Pacific UK growing stronger round after round, it should be a relief to deal with America and 2 minor powers and Russia, with the UK income and a rare $5 NO for Japan. Also, my German ally will attemp sealion, guaranteeing an American shift toward the Atlantic.

• Sponsor

The question is…… Should I attack by land (through China) or by sea (confronting navies).

• Honestly as America even with UK taken out I would probably send 100% of my income to the pacific for the first 5-7 rounds and then build soley for the atlantic. Since I think Japan will be really weak with the blueprint you posted. Their fighters will have taken a couple losses to UK pacific, and they will have A LOT less ships since you don’t build a single one for the first 3 turns…

• Sponsor

@theROCmonster:

Honestly as America even with UK taken out I would probably send 100% of my income to the pacific for the first 5-7 rounds and then build soley for the atlantic. Since I think Japan will be really weak with the blueprint you posted. Their fighters will have taken a couple losses to UK pacific, and they will have A LOT less ships since you don’t build a single one for the first 3 turns…

The focus after Calcutta falls, will be on mainland China and southern Russia. I’m not expecting to save my fleet.

• You can still demolish China and take India J4 with a minimal economic loss. I’d actually say that this is a must for Japan! Even with a complete Pacific strategy, the U.S. can’t really do much to Japan until round 5 or 6. Sure they might have a massive offensive fleet but at the expense of a transport army which without, the U.S. is useless. If they do have a transport army then they must have sacrificed war ships and are vulnerable to an assault by the Japanese fleet.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m