• TripleA '12

Wait a second - are FMG Germany Combat Units/Dice available to order now?!

• @Lozmoid:

Wait a second - are FMG Germany Combat Units/Dice available to order now?!

Dice YES, Combat units, NO.

The dice (black german dice, anzac, france and canada) were officially released last weekend at FMGC2012

• TripleA '12

Okay, cool. Thanks, Rorschach.

• '10

Got my dice today!

Awesome. Can’t wait to roll snake-eyes!

• Customizer

Hey Everyone,
    I got my new Combat Dice today. Five sets each of France, ANZAC and Germany Elite. They are beautiful! It will be so cool not having to use regular dice for France and ANZAC now and I’m probably going to use my black German dice more than the Grey now. At least until I get my FMG German Combat Units, since they will be grey.
    Jeremy even gave me a free set of the new Canadian Combat Dice. I don’t use Canada as a separate power in my games, but they are still cool to have.  THANKS JEREMY.
    See them all spread out on my table? How do you like my dice container?

Combat Dice.JPG
    Combat Dice in container.JPG

• Customizer

Here’s a couple of more pics. First I stacked each nation up, one set of each. Not easy stacking them this high. One giggle of the table and all comes crashing down.

Next pic is with combat units. Interesting that some match and others don’t. Of course, the Italian Dice match the FMG Italian Units, but a little darker than the OOB Italians. The OOB Black Germans match FMG’s Black Germany Dice (how can you NOT match black?) The British, French and Japanese seem to match up almost perfect, so I guess we know what to expect for coloring of FMG’s upcoming Combat Units for those countries.
    The OOB US pieces are of course Olive while FMG’s will be more of a forest green. SOme people don’t like it but I think it’s okay. I will simply use the Olive green as Marines. I think that fits better anyway.
    The ANZAC dice did surprise me. I thought they would be more of a steel grey with brownish tint like the OOB pieces, but they are more of a dark tan color. I’m guessing that will be the color of FMG’s ANZAC combat units. That’s also fine with me. I really like the grey color, although it’s more fitting for Germany anyway. Plus, since ANZAC is kind of an extension of the UK, it actually makes more sense that the colors are similar (dark tan > light tan). I think the Canadian dice are green with a tan tint to them as well.
    Enjoy the pics.

Combat Dice stacked.JPG
    Combat Dice with Combat Units.JPG

• TripleA '12

Hey knp7765, thanks very much for your in-depth review. I love these Combat Dice, they look amazing. Here are a few points I’d like to help you raise for FMG’s attention:

I hope that the US Combat Units will match the forest green of their Combat Dice. However, I would have preferred both to have been olive green.

I am glad that the Anzac Combat Dice are that dark tan colour as opposed to the OOB grey, as it is more in keeping with their UK counterparts, like you said. I only hope that the Anzac Combat Units will eventually match the dark tan of their Combat Dice.

When FMG release the German Combat Units it would be good if they could be ordered in either grey or black, but I can’t remember what was decided on that issue. I would prefer black initially, but obviously it would be cool to have both.

Jeremy/FMG, what do you say to these points? Thank you very much.

• Customizer

Hey Lozmoid,
    I am pretty sure FMG’s US units will be the same color as their combat dice. I’m pretty sure Jeremy stated as much way back when we first started getting sculpts for the US units. Even the prototype sculpts are green in color and close to the FMG dice color (unlike the Italian and German prototype sculpts which were grey).
    I think they plan on making the FMG ANZAC units the same color as those dice too. I don’t think FMG will go with the OOB grey color.
    YOU WILL be able to get Black German Units. There was enough people that wanted both that Jeremy decided to make both colors available. The Grey units come first, due to release 5/19/12. The Black units should be ready about a month after. I want to get both colors myself.

• The FMG Combat Units will all match the dice.  I’ve provided him with the Pantone colors of all the dice already so that the factory can do a perfect match!  :)

German Combat Units will be available in Grey and Black if I remember correctly (Grey first, followed by black later)

• TripleA '12

Thanks guys, that’s excellent news.  :-)

Now - roll on Germany!

• '12

Got my dice and they are BEAUTY-FUL!  Awesome, and thanks for the lagniappe (free extra stuff for those that don’t speak a little cajun), Jeremy!!  :-D

• I got my dice and love them.  Just had a small problem with my order.  I’ve been trying to reach Jeremy at the info@fieldmarshallgames.com email but I am not getting a response.  Does anyone know if I am using the incorrect email address or if maybe Jeremy is out of town or something?

• Customizer

@boboshonda:

I got my dice and love them.  Just had a small problem with my order.  I’ve been trying to reach Jeremy at the info@fieldmarshallgames.com email but I am not getting a response.  Does anyone know if I am using the incorrect email address or if maybe Jeremy is out of town or something?

He may just be very busy filling orders, or getting ready for the German combat units that will be here in a couple of more weeks, or just other life stuff. By the way, you misspelled, only 1 “L” in ‘marshal’.
    Try this address:  orders@fieldmarshalgames.com
    I think this one is the address for his customer service questions/problems and he will pay more attention to it than others.

• Excellent!  Thank you.  I figure he is very busy, and I figured it was probably an error on my part and I was using an incorrect email.  I will try the one you gave me.  I’ve always had excellent service with him and love his products.  Playing tonight and can’t wait to roll those French dice to take out some Germans.  At least before France falls in turn 1!

• Sadly Jeremy has yet to respond on that email address too (I sent him a question about my order status). Hope he’s allright.

EDIT: I received communication from Jeremy about my order today (10th of may), and it appears he was in fact very busy with working through all the new orders. I’m a happy person again :)

• can i order the elite dice now on the website then?

• '10

@LeeCHeSSS:

Sadly Jeremy has yet to respond on that email address too (I sent him a question about my order status). Hope he’s allright.

EDIT: I received communication from Jeremy about my order today (10th of may), and it appears he was in fact very busy with working through all the new orders. I’m a happy person again :)

Sorry I have been out of touch latley…  Getting out the pre-orders/backorders has been alot of work.  I am also moving into a new home this month so it is very hectic.  FMG is moving into a new facility on my property also:  So there will be some bumps in logistics and communication during this move.

Thanks

• @ghr2:

can i order the elite dice now on the website then?

You sure can but who knows when you’ll get them.  I ordered mine a week ago and when I asked Jeremy when they would ship he replied that they were sold out and he was waiting for another shipment to arrive.  Since then I haven’t heard anything so who knows.  He has my $28.00 but I have no dice.

• Customizer

@DDG19:

@ghr2:

can i order the elite dice now on the website then?

You sure can but who knows when you’ll get them.  I ordered mine a week ago and when I asked Jeremy when they would ship he replied that they were sold out and he was waiting for another shipment to arrive.  Since then I haven’t heard anything so who knows.  He has my $28.00 but I have no dice.

Don’t worry dude! He will get them too you. Unfortunately, when he places an order, he doesn’t get them all in one shipment. Instead it gets broken up into a number of smaller shipments due to the incompetence of the Chinese factory in not getting the shipments together properly. So, he exhausted his first batch in filling all the pre-orders that people put in last fall and has to wait to fill further orders.
    At least we know the dice are finally made. Shouldn’t be too much longer for you.

• '10

Second shipment of dice is due to arrive TOMORROW!!!

All remaining orders will be shipped by Monday.

Thanks again!

Jeremy

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m