• @Spitfire38:

@wwestpro:

EDIT: I also noticed that the US no longer has the NO of +30 IPCs in wartime.  Is this a mistake?

Yes, I would like to know the answer too… I often feel that the US are overpowered and it would be interesting to see what would happen without the 30 IPCs.

they get less. i think US on average gets 50 in these games, 15 from boni, 35 from start?

• '16 Customizer

So the official rules for alpha +3 take out the 30 IPC bonus? so just original income + NOs?

• @Spitfire38:

So the official rules for alpha +3 take out the 30 IPC bonus? so just original income + NOs?

Yes, but in general, the US will still get at least 20 IPCs from their national objectives, unless the Japanese make specific efforts to cripple the US income.
    @wwestpro:

Forgive me if it’s been stated but I wanted some quick clarification.  Are the Alpha 3 rules supposed to supplement what’s been stated in Alpha 2 or are they their own rule set?  In other words, should I be referencing both Alpha 2 AND 3 when playing?  I know Krieg mentioned that these are for global, but I really prefer Alpha 3’s rules over the OOB.  Thank you.

EDIT: I also noticed that the US no longer has the NO of +30 IPCs in wartime.  Is this a mistake?

Alpha 3 is its own complete set of rules. You only need to reference Alpha 3 when playing. However, the core mechanics of the game like attacking and defending and unit statistics are the same as they are in the original rule book. Alpha 3 just modifies some rules and setups.

• Playin tomorrow, so, i should play with alpha 3?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m