• Forget rare pieces like flame tanks, Landing crafts and patrol boats, we need :

• AA-gun plastic pieces in nation specific colors.

• Major factory plastic pieces in nation specific colors.

• Minor factory plastic pieces in nation specific colors.

Fast and easy to make, and you will sell a million the first week.
    Thank you.

• Customizer

PLEASE,

Let’s NOT forget the Air Bases and Naval Bases, too!  Generic and EVERYONE needs them.  Good as Gold.
                                                                                          “Tall Paul”

• Customizer

FMG has plans to do a “commons” set which will include AA Guns, Major and Minors ICs, Air Bases, Naval Bases, Bunkers, Pillboxes, etc.  However, I think they will all be light grey like the OOB AA Guns and ICs so all nations can use them.  This commons set will be put out after all the major nations sets are finished.

With the new rules regarding AA Guns, I can understand wanting them in each nation’s color, but why would you want ICs, Air and Naval bases in nation specific colors?  Those facilities can be used by any nation and can be captured and used by the conquering nations.  To me, it would be a pain in the butt to keep having to change the facilities all the time.  For example, on the French territory Normandy/Bordeaux, France starts out with a naval base and Minor IC.  So you have those facilities there in French blue.  Then Germany attacks and captures Normandy.  Now you have to remove the French blue IC and base and replace them with German black IC and base.  Then the US invades and captures Normandy.  Now you remove the German black IC and base and replace them with US green IC and Base.  Then Paris is liberated.  Now the US green IC and Base is replaced with French Blue IC and Base.  Then suppose Italy sneaks up from S. France and takes Normandy.  Now you have to place Italian brown IC and Base there.  That is a whole lot of changing pieces.
    With Major ICs, I can understand country specific ones since only the original country can use a Major IC and they can only place them on their own original countries.  Plus, once a territory with a Major IC is captured, it reverts to a Minor and can not be upgraded by the invader.  So, yeah, Major ICs could come out in country specific colors, but Minor ICs and other facilities should remain in a “neutral” or “common” color.  Plus, it would cost a LOT more money to make sets for every nation rather than a single color for all to use.  That would make things a lot harder for FMG or HBG to make and to recoup their costs because I don’t think they would sell as many sets if they came out in all country’s colors.

• Gents, I concur with KNP and Tall Paul  Lets keep them generic and one color to keep FMG and Coach’s production costs down.  If you need them colored grab a paint brush and paint them up. That is what I do with any AA units I own, none remain the color they where when purchased.  Cheers

WARRIOR888

• Customizer

Everyone,

I completely agree with the train of thought for “Generic” I.C.s, Air & Naval Bases, and A/A Guns as I previous mentioned for the Bases.

It ISN’T NECESSARY for them to be produced in seperate colors as that would multiply their cost of production by 9.  I plan on painting my own “Commons” set in nation-specific colors including I-94 decals.  My older painted/decalled ones are ready for replacement with better looking sculpts.

I think the most important point to be made here is not that we need them produced in “Nation-Specific” colors,……but that we NEED THEM PRODUCED!

My thoughts for the Air Bases is that they should look something like the “air base markers” from the A&A-Guadalcanal game with a Hanger and a Control Tower alongside the Runway.  Maybe make it about the same size or a little smaller.  It needs to be large enough to be easily recognizable but shouldn’t take too much space away from our Combat units.

These Air Bases take on even more importance if you’re considerring playing with the “Air Transport Rules” concerning Combat “Paratroop Drops” and Non-Combat  
    “Air Transfer” of units like I am.  These will use the C-46 and C-47 aircraft that FMG and HBG already have in the “Pipeline”.

I think it would be a good idea if the Naval Bases were the same size as the
    Air Bases for ease of identity.

Although it would be interesting to see some “Quonset Hut”-shaped “Barracks” units(I.C.s that can only produce Infantry), I’m NOT in favor of using them.  But IF they produce them, now is the time to include them in the sculpts.

The same thing would go for any “Coastal Gun” units.

Like I Say,…What Do YA’LL Think???
                                                                                          “Tall Paul”

• Tall Paul and Others.

Coastal Guns are a must to properly defend other Japanese held islands.  Iwo Jima had many coastal guns dug into MT Surabachi that wrecked havco on the Marines on Beach Red.  Solomons I don’t recall any being used by the IJA.  Naval bases are cool if you can capture one intact you can use it yourself.  Same as airbases.  I think we need a 1 turn waiting period before you could use either, this would give the appearance of repairs being completed.  Any thoughts on this?

WARRIOR888

• Customizer

Warrior,

I’m not against having Barracks, Coastal Guns, Blockhouses, Sub Pens, etc., etc., etc., PRODUCED.

I’m just saying that NOW is the TIME for FMG or HBG to consider all of these “Common” units and PRODUCE THEM A.S.A.P.(Please).

Wherther you use all or only some of these “Common” units would be up to the individual player.

However I think any plans for their use in games should be put forth in the many “House Rules” threads.

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

It looks like I just joined the Artillery with that posting.  That’s cool with me, as my Dad was an enemy artillery spotter in WW2.  That’s his picture on the left.  He plays A&A with us.  How COOL is it to play a WW2 game with a WW2 veteran.

“Tall Paul”

• '14

@Tall:

It looks like I just joined the Artillery with that posting.  That’s cool with me, as my Dad was an enemy artillery spotter in WW2.  That’s his picture on the left.  He plays A&A with us.  How COOL is it to play a WW2 game with a WW2 veteran.

“Tall Paul”

Dude, I have to make a trip to S’port and play a game with you guys!!

• Customizer

Tigerman,

@Tigerman77:

@Tall:

Dude, I have to make a trip to S’port and play a game with you guys!!

Tigerman,

Yes, please consider yourself envited.  I don’t have any engraved invitations around here at the moment,  but your still invited, man.  If you give me a little notice we’ll sure try to set-up a game for you.  My older brother, Pat, 63, that plays A&A with us, flys his hot air balloon passengers on Saturday AMs.  We currently play at my brother’s grass-strip airport in his community room.  Plenty of room there.  He’s a hot air balloon pilot, held a world record at one point and is still ranked in the top 10 in USA.  His handle is “Maverick” if that gives you any idea about his competitiveness.  Hopefully we might find some time to talk about the SOLOMONS CAMPAIGN game we’re working on,……as well as you’re showing me your “Iceberg” game.  Yeah, my Dad will turn 87 on Sept. 25th,…and I’ll turn 53 on Sept. 30th.  Right now we play G-40 games-OOB rules on my brothers b & w 48" x 108" gameboard.  Although My gameboard of the same size is color, I’m about to build a nice mahogany shadowbox arangement around it and then cover it with glass before we use it.  My Dad had resisted changing to Alpha-2 , but I’ve about got them convinced, now.  When we get this SOLOMONS CAMPAIGN game finished, I can see we’ll be playing it for a long time, probably.

By the way, is your name “Tigerman” because you’re an LSU alum?

Please give me an e-mail, A.S.A.P.  It’s listed in my profile.  We’ve got a lot we can talk about.  Later man.
                                                                                        “Tall Paul”

• Customizer

Everyone,

What kind of “fortifications” do we all want/need?

Like I Say,……What Do YA’LL Think???
                                                                                        “Tall Paul”

• Customizer

@WARRIOR888:

Tall Paul and Others.

Coastal Guns are a must to properly defend other Japanese held islands.  Iwo Jima had many coastal guns dug into MT Surabachi that wrecked havco on the Marines on Beach Red.  Solomons I don’t recall any being used by the IJA.  Naval bases are cool if you can capture one intact you can use it yourself.  Same as airbases.  I think we need a 1 turn waiting period before you could use either, this would give the appearance of repairs being completed.  Any thoughts on this?

WARRIOR888

Germany also needs coastal guns for Normandy and Holland/Belgium.  The Atlantic Wall was pretty formidable, even if the Allies overcame it.

• Razor I completely agree with your sentiments. These would be a huge seller I know I am in for 2 sets.

• As I wrote in an other topics.
    I need WWII commanders….

• Customizer

@crusaderiv:

As I wrote in an other topics.
    I need WWII commanders….

The each FMG nation set includes commanders.

• The each FMG nation set includes commanders
    Yes I know but you have to buy the whole set.
    Anyway I have 2 figurines with the same pose in my Italian set.
    I think a set with at least 2 commanders per major power will be a good seller.

• :-D OK I just saw the tread about commander…it’s a project…Hum. I’m going to read the post…

• @crusaderiv:

The each FMG nation set includes commanders
    Yes I know but you have to buy the whole set.
    Anyway I have 2 figurines with the same pose in my Italian set.
    I think a set with at least 2 commanders per major power will be a good seller.

You won’t have to buy the whole set.  FMG and HBG have a deal to sell individual pieces through HBG (mentioned some time ago in that massively long thread where everything gets lost).

• Didn’t know that, i’m goign to take a look.
    I have done my own with preiser and other 1/72 manufacturer but a nothing better than the real one.

• Customizer

Hey crusaderiv,  if you are looking for national leaders, HBG has a set from Roco of 1/87 scale leaders.  The set includes Rommel, Musolini, Hitler, Churchill, DeGaule, Stalin, Eisenhower and 2 Goerings.  It’s a pretty cool set if that’s what you are looking for.  I wasn’t sure if you wanted actual historical leaders or more of a “generic” commander figure.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m