• where we stand on our game. hoping it posts this time!  Feel free to set it up and play it if you wish…  hope to give the final results!

Axis – 128 IPCs TVU 814
    Allies – 189 IPCs TVU 1019
    The Allies have the income and total value of units, upper-hand against the Axis.  The Axis could still pull off the pacific map campaign as the TVU’s for the Allies (280) = Anzac (14), UK India (12), China (8) United states West (246) is dwarfed by Japan’s (429) TVU total!  So the game isn’t actually over by any means.

The Axis TVU (385) Germans (271) Italians (114) is dwarfed however by the Allies TVU (739) UK London (259) United States East (165) French (6) and Soviet forces (237) so Nazi Germany has turned with Stalingrad!  Wow I even built T34’s and recaptured the city!

Should The United States risk losing the Pacific theatre and invest all out in Germany?  Or should it let the British and Soviets bear the economic brunt while investing heavily in United States West to turn the tide against Japan?

Will the Soviets fall?  Or will the red army continue to build on their recent victory?

Exciting questions to be determined!

Axis and Allies Global 1940 July 29th.doc

• This was played with the A2+ rules.

I have pictures ,  but it will take some time to make my photo journal.  Additonally I’m not sure if Facebook will allow an NON facebook member to see my photos even if they are made “public”  so friending me is an awesome idea once I have the photos up! Gonna take a while though…  probably going to be 500 photos by the time its done to show the total game.

• '22 '21 '16 '15

I can´t wait to build up the map!
    Robson a.k.a. RobbyWestSide  :-D

• ……what round is it.

• it does not depend on the value of the units but how many units and the type of units you have, and in which territories they are placed, if you look on whom is going to win the game. So don’t use that form of calculation, it gives you a wrong picture.

I agree with the calculation of the total income. that is a much better indicator for who is up and who is down…

• @coolrunner:

it does not depend on the value of the units but how many units and the type of units you have, and in which territories they are placed, if you look on whom is going to win the game. So don’t use that form of calculation, it gives you a wrong picture.

I agree with the calculation of the total income. that is a much better indicator for who is up and who is down…

I do find TVU to be a useful judge of force strength in my own thought and arguments with myself about investing the United States IPCs in one particular theatre or another.  Looks like I’ve let Japan get too big!  Hopefully I’ll get to continue this saturday

• @JimmyHat:

……what round is it.

We played till 6 am  and I haven’t gone back to check which round I am on.  I believe it is Round 8 that we are playing in since I just got my Far East forces back to Russia. I started about 5 pm  and my friend JJ Gauthier took over Anzac, UK India, Anzac, China and France (2 infantry left)  in Round 4.  I continue to run the United States and the Soviet Union.  Der Fuhrer Kelly Schernik is running the Nazi’s Italy and Japan.

We’re learning that Japan almost HAS to hit Russia.  That 9 extra IPC’s makes Russia just too powerful for the Nazi’s to take on alone.  A2+ is awesome.

• @JimmyHat:

……what round is it.

Verified in my photo pics that we are on Japan’s turn J8  in the Eighth turn.

• @AllyAxis:

@JimmyHat:

……what round is it.

Verified in my photo pics that we are on Japan’s turn J8  in the Eighth turn.

It is Japans turn to buy we stopped right after russia.  After reviewing my pics I forgot to add that the Caroline Islands are captured by USA, but no units are present .  I am working on the photo journal.  visit Axis an Allies.org on Facebook!

• There is a major IC in Paris. This isnt possible with A2 rules. Captured Major IC turn into a small one.

• @orania:

There is a major IC in Paris. This isnt possible with A2 rules. Captured Major IC turn into a small one.

Really.  I didn’t see that one in the rules I downloaded.  No Majors in non native territory can be built.  but France falls to a minor?  Didn’t see that one at all.

• @AllyAxis:

@orania:

There is a major IC in Paris. This isnt possible with A2 rules. Captured Major IC turn into a small one.

Really.  I didn’t see that one in the rules I downloaded.   No Majors in non native territory can be built.  but France falls to a minor?  Didn’t see that one at all.

Holy crap your right.  I guess it only mattered for France since Britian did not fall  or russia. Not sure if we placed that many forces there anyway.  Because the Germans did not build that many forces there throughout the game.  The italians moved troops in,  well maybe before berlin fell late in the game the Axis player on turn 9 may have built more forces there,  but largely he used the Italians to defend western Europe and built germans in West germany to defend Denmark.

Ultimately I don’t think it impacted our game or its outcome,  but will note that for the future!!!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m