Is FMG still operating? (missing items & no e-mail replies)

• Dear axisandallies.org community,

I was wondering if anyone can confirm whether or not Field Marshall Games is still an operating business, and if so, the best way to communicate with them.

After following the advertised link from this web site, I placed an order back in September 2014, most of which arrived in October 2014, but two items were missing.  While FMG were great to deal with at the time of the order, I’ve had no luck in receiving the missing items, and they haven’t responded to any of my e-mails in the last 5 months.  As this is the only order I’ve placed with them, I wouldn’t know if this is a typical or rare experience with FMG.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Kind regards,
    Ian.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Yes, they are operational. You can try sending a direct message to FieldMarshalGames here on the forums.

• Hi djensen,

Thanks very much for your reply and assistance.  I’ve PMed FMG so we’ll see if I hear from them that way.

Have other members of the community had a similar experience, or have I just been unlucky?

Cheers,
    Ian.

• Founder TripleA Admin

I think you’ve just had some bad luck. Spam folder maybe?

• Hi djensen,

As an update: after e-mails from my home e-mail, work e-mail and PMs on the forum, I have now received a reply from FMG. The items have now been declared ‘presumed lost’ and it has been clarified that I won’t be receiving them due to the expense of sending replacements.

As stated though, FMG were great to deal with early on, and the dice sets and IPC certificates I did receive are great products.

Now that communications have been re-established, the purpose of this thread had been achieved, so I will finish this thread off. I will, however, place a post in the ‘Axis & Allies Marketplace’ [edit] in case anyone else is concerned about having ‘bad luck’, as it does appear items going astray and breakdowns in communication have occurred before.

In no way though am I suggesting that anyone should not order from FMG, just that it may pay to be aware of some potential issues, which may or may not occur for other individuals.

Thankyou again for your time and assistance, and for the great articles and support for players of our favourite game.

Happy gaming!
    Cheers,
    Ian.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m