Sea-Lion defense possibility. I need an opinion.

• As I underderstand the rules, Russia can land planes on U.K. territories if they are at war with Japan (this may be changed with upcomming rules revisions, I’m not sure).  So can Russia, if at war with Japan, land it’s fighters on U.K. carriers?

I was thinking that they could use the Gibralter carrier R2 if U.K. brings it to the English Channel.  This could be used as a bridging point to get to the U.K. (via the Baltic) or, more importantly, help defend during the sea Battle, leaving the U.K. Fighters free to defend the land.  Most Importantly this would mean that German would have to declare war on Russia (G3) to attack the planes if they were at sea.

Could the rules work this way?

If So Russia couls start German Smashing R3 with most of Germany’s troops poised for a Sea Lion Attack.  Probably what would happen is Germany would call it off and transport those troops to Lennigrad.

Thoughts anyone (yes, you too SalothSar)?

• Page 20 in the Europe rule book says you can land on allied aircraft carriers.  Look at the 5th full paragraph.  Page 21, 7th Paragraph down says “…can land in a sea zone with a friendly carrier present.”

• @SalothSar:

@Daedelus:

Page 20 in the Europe rule book says you can land on allied aircraft carriers.  Look at the 5th full paragraph.  Page 21, 7th Paragraph down says “…can land in a sea zone with a friendly carrier present.”

Look under the global rules

I can’t seem to find anything in the global rules to contridict the above.  What page is it on?

• None of this matters because Krieg has confirmed that Russia declaring war on Japan keeps it neutral on the Europe board.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

None of this matters because Krieg has confirmed that Russia declaring war on Japan keeps it neutral on the Europe board.

So this is offical?

• @Daedelus:

@calvinhobbesliker:

None of this matters because Krieg has confirmed that Russia declaring war on Japan keeps it neutral on the Europe board.

So this is offical?

Yes

• @SalothSar:

@Daedelus:

@SalothSar:

@Daedelus:

Page 20 in the Europe rule book says you can land on allied aircraft carriers.  Look at the 5th full paragraph.  Page 21, 7th Paragraph down says “…can land in a sea zone with a friendly carrier present.”

I can’t seem to find anything in the global rules to contridict the above.  What page is it on?

I don’t have the rules handy… as I recall it is mentioned in a blue box

I couldn’t find any blue box.  Was it online somewhere?

• @Daedelus:

@SalothSar:

@Daedelus:

@SalothSar:

@Daedelus:

I can’t seem to find anything in the global rules to contridict the above.  What page is it on?

I couldn’t find any blue box.  Was it online somewhere?

Don’t worry about any “blue box”.  SalothSar is incorrect and multinational loading of carriers has ALWAYS been allowed, and probably will remain so through any rule revision coming the future.

However, CHliker is correct, Krieg has confirmed that until Russia is at war with a Euro power it cannot attack neutrals or share territories (or carrier decks) on the Euro side.  This WILL be made official.  One of the few things right now that we can take for certain.

• Thanks for clearing things up guys.

• @SalothSar:

@kcdzim:

@Daedelus:

@SalothSar:

@Daedelus:

@SalothSar:

@Daedelus:

Page 20 in the Europe rule book says you can land on allied aircraft carriers.  Look at the 5th full paragraph.  Page 21, 7th Paragraph down says “…can land in a sea zone with a friendly carrier present.”

I couldn’t find any blue box.  Was it online somewhere?

Don’t worry about any “blue box”.  SalothSar is incorrect and multinational loading of carriers has ALWAYS been allowed, and probably will remain so through any rule revision coming the future.

However, CHliker is correct, Krieg has confirmed that until Russia is at war with a Euro power it cannot attack neutrals or share territories (or carrier decks) on the Euro side.  This WILL be made official.  One of the few things right now that we can take for certain.
    Your the one who is wrong……

You’re the one who can’t quote things correctly or defend your assertions.

• …or spell.

• @Daedelus:

…or spell.

And deletes his posts when people call him out

• I’m 16

• My bad, I was just taking a bit of a dig at you.  I will say this about you Salothsar, I liked your bombing Gibralter idea.  I just think it may have to be the Italians, not the Germans doing the bombing.

For the record I’m 37.

• @SalothSar:

@calvinhobbesliker:

I’m 16

It shows

You’re no better than I am. At least I can defend my assertions when I say people are wrong. Other people can vouch that I am more mature than the average teenager.

• @Daedelus:

My bad, I was just taking a bit of a dig at you.  I will say this about you Salothsar, I liked your bombing Gibralter idea.  I just think it may have to be the Italians, not the Germans doing the bombing.

For the record I’m 37.

And I’m closer to Daedelus’ age than CHliker, not that that has anything to do with anything.

Seriously SalothSar, it’s perfectly fine to get a rule wrong.  I’ve done it before and Krieg has set me straight.  There’s absolutely no reason to get defensive.  And while maybe 75% of your unorthodox strategies won’t work well, you do have some interesting points.  I too find the bombing of gibralter quite amusing.

But you should learn to quote correctly.

• @SalothSar:

@kcdzim:

@Daedelus:

My bad, I was just taking a bit of a dig at you.  I will say this about you Salothsar, I liked your bombing Gibralter idea.  I just think it may have to be the Italians, not the Germans doing the bombing.

For the record I’m 37.

And I’m closer to Daedelus’ age than CHliker, not that that has anything to do with anything.

Seriously SalothSar, it’s perfectly fine to get a rule wrong.  I’ve done it before and Krieg has set me straight.  There’s absolutely no reason to get defensive.  And while maybe 75% of your unorthodox strategies won’t work well, you do have some interesting points.  I too find the bombing of gibralter quite amusing.

But you should learn to quote correctly.

I have been mis-quoted here…see the multi national carriers posting

You were proven wrong in that thread.

• Calvin, you’re16!?@!?! I’m 36. Makes me feel like I shouldnt cuss around ya lol.

Seriously you sound pretty mature. It was at chess tournaments my freshman and sophmore year of hs that Axis and Allies really got my attention. We’d hurry our chess games to get back to it.

• Everyone is a judge. Krieg and others have confirmed that Multinational carrier loading is legal. As for my life, I already have one. I am doing well in school and will go to an excellent college.

• @SalothSar:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Everyone is a judge. Krieg and others have confirmed that Multinational carrier loading is legal. As for my life, I already have one. I am doing well in school and will go to an excellent college.

Whats your Major? Axis & Allies with a minor in snotty posting?

I’m not in college yet. And I don’t feel like telling you my planned major right now, since there is a chance I may change it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m