• but?

• …but (last post was done late at night) concentrating on Russia and not taking London gives the Americans time to effectively “Torch” Africa. Not clear that Axis can hold Cairo if USA makes it a priority. UK can build stuff in South Africa to hold off Italians until USA arrives.
    American fleet having the run of the Med causes all kinds of defensive problems for the Axis, landing forces behind the lines, etc…
    Italy will be back down to 10 IPC production before you know it. Axis could be at 7 victory cities for a loooong time.

In this extremely long game scenario it may be necessary for the Axis to take Turkey to give themselves a short cut to Africa.

• I have thought about the Turkey idea, but I still haven’t had a chance to pull it off.

Van Trump, had an interesting time reading about your game.
    However:

Germany upgraded Berlin IC to major AND had the money to buy 23 inf (10 in London,

How were you able to buy 10 INF in London?  Did you upgrade to a Major IC in London, because when you take a major IC, it immediately becomes a minor IC as stated in the rulebook.

• @spectre_04:

I have thought about the Turkey idea, but I still haven’t had a chance to pull it off.

Van Trump, had an interesting time reading about your game.
    However:

Germany upgraded Berlin IC to major AND had the money to buy 23 inf (10 in London,

How were you able to buy 10 INF in London?  Did you upgrade to a Major IC in London, because when you take a major IC, it immediately becomes a minor IC as stated in the rulebook.

This is the E40 thread, and in E40, the major stays a major

• Whoa, did not know about reduction of captured IC.

Have to read Global rules carefully before trying it.

To be frank, people I am playing against are not strong players.
    The only game balance I give them is I play my turns extremely quickly, making the odd mistake from time to time. Also try to give them advice about my intentions.

• Well Van, you can always declare war on the USA on Germany1 and Italy1 to give em more cash!!!

• It is also possible for a British opening that doesn’t involve a Taranto attack, as it almost certainly opens up a German Sealion.

A tactic I’m working up involves placing the British CV/DD SZ91 to SZ92, replacing the tac with 2 fig from Eng/Alx. CA from SZ98 to SZ92 makes it difficult for Italian naval attack, who would prob solidify in SZ95 or attack French fleet. A purchase of nothing might tempt a G2 sealion, so perhaps some infantry would mark for a standard buy.

Gbr 2 sees 2 CV’s (2 DD’s built on top of that, preferably) built, fleet in SZ92 moved to SZ110 ensures that no Sealion can happen Turn 3. Should the Germans have taken the precaution to building a larger fleet on G2 instead of transports, they’ll still need those planes to take out your fleet, so build land units instead.

Not that they’d prep for that anyways.

• @cts17:

It is also possible for a British opening that doesn’t involve a Taranto attack, as it almost certainly opens up a German Sealion.

A tactic I’m working up involves placing the British CV/DD SZ91 to SZ92, replacing the tac with 2 fig from Eng/Alx. CA from SZ98 to SZ92 makes it difficult for Italian naval attack, who would prob solidify in SZ95 or attack French fleet. A purchase of nothing might tempt a G2 sealion, so perhaps some infantry would mark for a standard buy.

Gbr 2 sees 2 CV’s (2 DD’s built on top of that, preferably) built, fleet in SZ92 moved to SZ110 ensures that no Sealion can happen Turn 3. Should the Germans have taken the precaution to building a larger fleet on G2 instead of transports, they’ll still need those planes to take out your fleet, so build land units instead.

Not that they’d prep for that anyways.

A few problems:
    UK can’t build 2 CV 2 DD on UK2 unless they save some money from UK1(is this what you’re doing)?

If Germany’s fleet is in Z112, it goes around the island and invades from Z109

• I still think an infantry/armor build, and moving the Canadian forces to the home islands is the better deterrent to Sea lion.  I also try and reinforce Gibraltar as fast as I can and pull the fleets back.  I don’t enjoy playing so defensively, believe me, but The Luftwaffe will smash your fleet if you don’t get it somewhere safe (like Newfoundland) and build it up first(that is if Germany is going for Sea Lion Strategy).  This is especially hard if they (GER) builds heavily on subs and airpower.  I think it is actually better for the German player to hit the Soviets and not get involved int he pipe dream that is sea lion.

• TripleA

New guy question, so sorry in advance.

I’ve just read all 8 pages, taking it in.  Would someone mind explaining the short hand of the units, I don’t know what CV, SS, DD etc.  The Inf, Mech is good, just the others. I would be guessing at them which I don’t want to do.

Thanks.

• DD = destroyer
    SS = sub
    TT = transport
    CV = carrier
    BB = battleship
    CA = Cruiser

• TripleA

Thanks.

AP??

• @94Canuck:

Thanks.

AP??

Another way of saying transport

• Discovered that an All Naval build for Russia (provided that they aren’t at war yet) is a great deterrent to sea lion.

• @spectre_04:

Discovered that an All Naval build for Russia (provided that they aren’t at war yet) is a great deterrent to sea lion.

Definitely: When the German see Russia building zero land units, they’ll be itching to kill a weak Russia.

• Hmm, so gamerman01, boldfresh, SgtBlitz, Imperious Leader, and BadSpeller don’t know how to play axis and allies?

• @Van_Trump:

DD = destroyer
    SS = sub
    TT = transport
    CV = carrier
    BB = battleship
    CA = Cruiser

Some use CC for Cruiser to be consistent with BB, DD, TT, and SS

• Does anyone besides you use your system of labelling?

Also, can you post a link to the game(s) in which you defeated Gamerman01 and Badspeller

By the way, I can’t help but notice how you called someone else arrogant

• Hmm, you posted the page in which I did not display proper etiquette. I was expecting you to post the page where I demonstrated that I am an inexperienced player, i.e., when I lost my US fleet because I forgot that my subs could not have been taken as casualties.

• If Assuming that
    1. You are the best AA player on the site
    2. You are the only major player on this site to use 3 letter abbreviations for ships
    implies that using 3 letter abbreviations causes one to be a better player, then assuming that
    1. You are the best AA player on the site
    2. You are the only one with a skull in your avatar
    implies that having a skull in your avatar makes you a better player

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m