• Yeah…I’ve heard of it and used it before…I just am surprise they already have the Global and/or Europe up and running.

• Shall we play the 1st game with or without techs?

• @Wilson2:

Even if Germany Throws away roughly 120 IPCs on UK for a G3 capture I would still say it would be worth it. The Axis immediately get a net gain of ~60 IPCs from plunder. Add in the ~60 IPC of UK planes/lad units lost and you are probably even. Even if the US (or maybe even USSR  :lol:) Takes it back in 1-2 turns. Plus since the IC downgrades, UK loses ~20 IPCs more. This also stops it from breaking the game the other way since it will be hard for Germany to fortify it very strong with just a minor IC.

Yes, it is a very big gamble.  If you take Britain, it MAY have been worth it, but the oncoming US and Russia will still give you plenty of problems.  Plus, the 5-10 transports you built to invade will be horrifically vulnerable.  You will be forced to pour money into the transport fleet just to keep it afloat.  Add in Russian and American counterattack fleets and there will be crazy no-fun times in the Atlantic.

Mostly, in the Europe-only game, one could see Sealion strategies as a disappointment, since the US and Russia will be able to counteract it and see it coming a mile away.  In Global, it actually might work out to Germany’s benefit EVEN IF IT FAILS since it will give Japan a LOT more time to prep in the Pacific, not to mention giving Italy a free hand in the Med early on.

• Stoney’s last post says it will still be a few weeks before he gets the map module working and that it may not happen till after the release.

• Id be happy to join as Anzac!
    Not having a battlemap module makes it a bit difficult, but i guess it could work if you just post a list of your units after each round.
    It does mean each player have to keep track of all the units though.

• Its great that we can use the die roller here in the forum.  I’m going to make a copy of a couple of the high-res maps(the global one and the one that shows the western hemisphere connections), and use my friend’s vast collection of AA pieces.

I think we need to have a debate and vote on playing with techs…but at least one vote should be required from each side to pass.  Personally, I am completely neutral on the idea.

• @Lord:

Id be happy to join as Anzac!
    Not having a battlemap module makes it a bit difficult, but i guess it could work if you just post a list of your units after each round.
    It does mean each player have to keep track of all the units though.

Lord Nielsen, you are in as ANZAC!

Yes, we’ll do back and forth posts after every round of battle.

Everyone will be keeping track of units…so if there is a descrepancy we can check with each other, as well as going back through the forum messages if we need to.

• Are all the countries accounted for yet?

• @calvinhobbesliker:

Are all the countries accounted for yet?

Yes:

miamibeach:  Germany
    Dany:  USSR/China
    Panzerjager:  UK
    SgtBlitz:  Italy/Japan
    Calvinhobbesliker:  US/France
    Lord Nielson:  ANZAC

• @miamibeach:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Are all the countries accounted for yet?

Yes:

miamibeach:  Germany
    Dany:  USSR/China
    Panzerjager:  UK
    SgtBlitz:  Italy/Japan
    Calvinhobbesliker:  US/France
    Lord Nielson:  ANZAC

Shall we begin then, or are we waiting for djenson to post NO’s?

• We could have someone play Italy if one more wants to join.

And how is this going to work? We post moves, roll on the forum (how does that work) and then posts lists of our tropps in the end of each turn? Also the order in witch to take casulties are not as clear now as be4, whenever there are mecs and art involved there might be a problem.

• @Dany:

We could have someone play Italy if one more wants to join.

And how is this going to work? We post moves, roll on the forum (how does that work) and then posts lists of our tropps in the end of each turn? Also the order in witch to take casulties are not as clear now as be4, whenever there are mecs and art involved there might be a problem.

Rolling works like this. For 2 inf and a tank,
    DiceInput ErrorThere was an error in your dice throw: “/>replace” is not correct syntax.

If the order of losses is not clear, ask your opponent(s)

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Dany:

DiceInput ErrorThere was an error in your dice throw: “/>replace” is not correct syntax.

Umm?

• @Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@Dany:

Umm?

:aaa 2@1 1@3;

• @Dany:

My thought on Italy is that since most of us have played Japan in AAP40, it would be more interesting for the Japanese player in this game to get a taste of the new AAE40 game as well.  If SgtBlitz wants to give up Italy or Japan to someone, he can…but I’ll leave that up to him.  One caveot I have though, is that if SgtBlitz keeps Japan and gives up Italy to someone, I would like that someone playing Italy to understand and agree with the Axis Sea Lion strategy.

I plan on doing some practice rolls before the game starts;-)

Yes, we talk on this forum and this thread right here(build, move, etc…) until the combatants are ready to roll.  If anyone has any questions including rules along the way, or about anything else, we answer/settle it.  I dont play a “tight” game(ie…you can re-do your moves/builds, etc…), but we do have a rule here in our groups in S. Florida that once you roll for something, you dont go back past that point…I suggest we do the same here.

The non-phasing player gets the opportunity to say which units he losses.  I think we understand sometimes its better to take a more expensive loss if it means it will accomplish a mission, or for other reasons.

As for when we begin…Dany said he has final exams at the moment and preferred to begin next week.  Maybe Dany can tell us what day would be good for him?  Also, there are a couple days coming up that I will not be available (August 21-25…it might only be Aug. 23-25 depending)…we have elections Aug. 24 and I’m working on a campaign.

• Well, if you’re ready you can post G1 now so Dany can study it before making Russia’s move.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

Well, if you’re ready you can post G1 now so Dany can study it before making Russia’s move.

Thats not a bad idea, but I would want Dany and the rest of the Allies to be ok with that.

Also, can you give me the order of play?…I’ve seen it, but did’nt write it down.

We also need to debate/vote on using tech.  Is anyone opposed or in favor of tech?  I’m neutral as of now.

• @miamibeach:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Well, if you’re ready you can post G1 now so Dany can study it before making Russia’s move.

Thats not a bad idea, but I would want Dany and the rest of the Allies to be ok with that.

Also, can you give me the order of play?…I’ve seen it, but did’nt write it down.

We also need to debate/vote on using tech.  Is anyone opposed or in favor of tech?  I’m neutral as of now.

Order is Germany, Russia, Japan, UK, ANZAC, Italy, US, China, France

I’d like no tech for the 1st game to keep it simple

• I dont really mind if its tech or no-tech, but i think we should start up a new thread under the “Play Bordgames” section once we start the game. Just so we dont confuse people.

The following is just an example of how to write up a turn for those who havent played a forumgame before (but you are ofcourse welcome to do your own variations)

Anzac T11

Buys:

1 Sub
    1 Des
    1 Minf

save 5

CM:

Dgu to Bor
    2 Sbm

z54 to z43
    1 Trn (load 1 Inf, 1 Art from Que to Bor)

Battle of Borneo:
    1 Inf, 1 Art 2 Sbm vs 1 Inf, 1 Ftr

A
    Dice
    Rolls: 2@2 2@4; Total Hits: 3
    2@2: (1, 4)2@4: (2, 4)

D
    Dice
    Rolls: 1@2 1@4; Total Hits: 1
    1@2: (3)1@4: (4)

NCM:

Bor to Dgu
    2 Sbm

Dgu to Car
    1 Ftr

z37 to z39
    1 Sub

Nsw to Que
    1 Art, 1 Ftr

z54 to z33
    1 Trn (load 2 Inf from Que to Car)

Sau to Que
    1 Inf

z62 to z54
    1 Trn

z54 to z26
    1 Des

z41 to z56
    1 Des

place new units in z62 & Nsw

collect (27+5) 32 ipc

• By the way it looks like we also have the NOs already. They can be found on Bob Mickelsons charts. (first post in this forum)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m