• @Lord:

If you want an extra player i dont mind playing Anzac or Italy.

Probably ANZAC for sure.  As for Italy I want to see what SgtBlitz prefers first.  Thanks for your interest!

• Yeah…the dice roller thing is cool.  We can play the whole game right here in the forum.  There is no need to email die rolls as it shows them right in your post.  It’s cool.

• Here’s an example:

2 inf and 1 ftr attack

DiceRolls: 2@1 1@3; Total Hits: 02@1: (6, 4)1@3: (6)

• So, you got 0 hits!;-)

Thank you for the demonstration!  Can you let us know how we go about getting the die rolls on our posts like you did?

• @miamibeach:

So, you got 0 hits!;-)

Thank you for the demonstration!  Can you let us know how we go about getting the die rolls on our posts like you did?

If you want to roll 2 1’s and 1 3, type:
    :aaa 2@1 1@3;

replace the semicolon with a colon

• yeah…calvin’s got it

colonaaa 2@1 1@3colon

except where I spelled out the word colon just use the : symbol

• @miamibeach:

@Dany:

I dont mind at all. I have never played an internet game tho. How does it work?

SgtBlitz suggests there is a die roller program we can use at this site.  If not, then there are many die rollers we can choose from on-line.  We can pick one we all can use.  Basically, we should all trade e-mails at some point when we are ready so the die roll reports come in to everyone.  When a player makes his move, he can do it as a report to this thread.  When he is ready to roll, he can specify what he is rolling for and have the on-line die roller send the die roll report to everyone’s e-mail.  When a decision must be made by the non-phasing player…ie…scramble decisions from an island airbase, then the phasing player must inform the non-phasing player when the time comes before any die is rolled.  We can do this in other ways too, I’m sure…so if anyone has ideas, please respond.

SgtBlitz…I think one of us should play Germany and the other Japan/Italy.  Do you have a preference?

The Players:

miamibeach(Axis)
    Dany(USSR/China)
    Panzerjager(UK/ANZAC)
    SgtBlitz(Axis)
    Calvinhobbesliker(US/France)

Check out the PBF link (Play by Forum link on this website, axisandallies.org) for examples of online games.  It’s not too hard.  We’ll need some kind of map program/.jpg to keep track of our stuff turn by turn.

I guess I’ll play Japan/Italy.

• I seriously doubt there is any kind of map program created yet.  We only found out what the board even looks like a week ago.  Someone correct me if this is not right.

• Usually after every turn on PBF games we attach a BattleMap file to the post where the unit placement, IPCs, and all that jazz is updated.  It’s worked pretty well in the past.  I think there are Europe and Pacific prototypes out already too.

Here’s the link to the Pacific P40 map:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=17808.0

The Europe one, so far its listed as:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=17756.0

The pacific map appears to be working while Stoney229 is still putting together europe.  Thanks Stoney!

• @panzerjager:

I seriously doubt there is any kind of map program created yet.  We only found out what the board even looks like a week ago.  Someone correct me if this is not right.

LOL, son, you just got served… Ever heard of AABattleMap?  Guess not.

• Yeah…I’ve heard of it and used it before…I just am surprise they already have the Global and/or Europe up and running.

• Shall we play the 1st game with or without techs?

• @Wilson2:

Even if Germany Throws away roughly 120 IPCs on UK for a G3 capture I would still say it would be worth it. The Axis immediately get a net gain of ~60 IPCs from plunder. Add in the ~60 IPC of UK planes/lad units lost and you are probably even. Even if the US (or maybe even USSR  :lol:) Takes it back in 1-2 turns. Plus since the IC downgrades, UK loses ~20 IPCs more. This also stops it from breaking the game the other way since it will be hard for Germany to fortify it very strong with just a minor IC.

Yes, it is a very big gamble.  If you take Britain, it MAY have been worth it, but the oncoming US and Russia will still give you plenty of problems.  Plus, the 5-10 transports you built to invade will be horrifically vulnerable.  You will be forced to pour money into the transport fleet just to keep it afloat.  Add in Russian and American counterattack fleets and there will be crazy no-fun times in the Atlantic.

Mostly, in the Europe-only game, one could see Sealion strategies as a disappointment, since the US and Russia will be able to counteract it and see it coming a mile away.  In Global, it actually might work out to Germany’s benefit EVEN IF IT FAILS since it will give Japan a LOT more time to prep in the Pacific, not to mention giving Italy a free hand in the Med early on.

• Stoney’s last post says it will still be a few weeks before he gets the map module working and that it may not happen till after the release.

• Id be happy to join as Anzac!
    Not having a battlemap module makes it a bit difficult, but i guess it could work if you just post a list of your units after each round.
    It does mean each player have to keep track of all the units though.

• Its great that we can use the die roller here in the forum.  I’m going to make a copy of a couple of the high-res maps(the global one and the one that shows the western hemisphere connections), and use my friend’s vast collection of AA pieces.

I think we need to have a debate and vote on playing with techs…but at least one vote should be required from each side to pass.  Personally, I am completely neutral on the idea.

• @Lord:

Id be happy to join as Anzac!
    Not having a battlemap module makes it a bit difficult, but i guess it could work if you just post a list of your units after each round.
    It does mean each player have to keep track of all the units though.

Lord Nielsen, you are in as ANZAC!

Yes, we’ll do back and forth posts after every round of battle.

Everyone will be keeping track of units…so if there is a descrepancy we can check with each other, as well as going back through the forum messages if we need to.

• Are all the countries accounted for yet?

• @calvinhobbesliker:

Are all the countries accounted for yet?

Yes:

miamibeach:  Germany
    Dany:  USSR/China
    Panzerjager:  UK
    SgtBlitz:  Italy/Japan
    Calvinhobbesliker:  US/France
    Lord Nielson:  ANZAC

• @miamibeach:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Are all the countries accounted for yet?

Yes:

miamibeach:  Germany
    Dany:  USSR/China
    Panzerjager:  UK
    SgtBlitz:  Italy/Japan
    Calvinhobbesliker:  US/France
    Lord Nielson:  ANZAC

Shall we begin then, or are we waiting for djenson to post NO’s?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m