• I think that Larry should make as many games as he wants. If you do not like it, simply do not buy the games.

• '22 '19 '18

I hear ya, I was pretty ticked that they were already coming out with a “better” global game than AA50 only a year after AA50’s release.  I told myself that I wasn’t going to buy it and just stay with AA50, but the more I read on these boards, coupled with my fear that if I didn’t buy them now, they would become limited editions and then I could only buy them for $500 each, I bent over and bought pacific.  Now that I have played P40 a few times, I enjoy it and can’t wait for September (I know the release date is August, but come on it is WoTC we are dealing with) to get E40.  Given the extra complexity of the 1940 games and their potential length to play I don’t think I have played my last game of AA50.

• '10

@Brain:

Actually the quality of the games is going downhill, what with the cardboard pieces and the exclusion of IPC’s and all the typos.

Hey Brain I think the games are MUCH better than the original. I do agree with your thoughts about the cardboard pieces. But I think that the AAG1940 will be my last purchase UNLESS WOTC comes out with an eastern front or N. Africa hex based game like Battle of the Bulge. I will eventually make improvements myself to AAG1940 instead of buying new editions because I will have that nice big global map to work with. (and FMG units) By the way, what is the deal with the swastika flag?

• I thought he was just trollin.

• For everybody that feels upset about P40 coming out so soon after aa50…I just recently got back into the  game (i played when I was a kid) I missed out on aa50, but the new games got me hooked. So if more people are playing as a result  of these games I think its good. I have P40 and I’m jealous that I don’t have aa50!

• Guys, I don’t mind you explaining your posts but don’t let thing get too off topic pls. Is there anyone who has any ideas? Anything at all? I mean, realistically, there is nothing that gamers can do but… like I said any ideas at all.
    On a side note, I wanted to ask you guys your opinions: should I get AAP40 now or just wait and order both AAE40 and AAP40 at the same time? My concern is that I want to let the price of AAP40 drop as much as it can before I buy it but I don’t want it to suddenly be out of stock.

• '10

Is there anyone who has any ideas? Anything at all? I mean, realistically, there is nothing that gamers can do but… like I said any ideas at all.

i dont think i’m sure what you are asking for?

• @Reaper:

On a side note, I wanted to ask you guys your opinions: should I get AAP40 now or just wait and order both AAE40 and AAP40 at the same time? My concern is that I want to let the price of AAP40 drop as much as it can before I buy it but I don’t want it to suddenly be out of stock.

I will sell you my copy of AAP40. It was played once. If you are interested send me a private message. I don’t think AAP40 will drop in price until it is ready to go out of print which might be a long time from now. I have had all of the games and sold all except AA1942 and AAP40 so far. I play AA42 the most and like it. It is Revised with AA50 rules and cruisers. If I sell AAP40 then AA42 will be the only AA game on my shelf.

• @Reaper:

My concern is that I want to let the price of AAP40 drop as much as it can before I buy it but I don’t want it to suddenly be out of stock.

Trying to time the market can be frustrating and/or dangerous. There is not that much money at stake.

• @johnnymarr:

Is there anyone who has any ideas? Anything at all? I mean, realistically, there is nothing that gamers can do but… like I said any ideas at all.

i dont think i’m sure what you are asking for?

I mean in regards to the thread’s topic.

@skinny1:

@Reaper:

I will sell you my copy of AAP40. It was played once. If you are interested send me a private message. I don’t think AAP40 will drop in price until it is ready to go out of print which might be a long time from now. I have had all of the games and sold all except AA1942 and AAP40 so far. I play AA42 the most and like it. It is Revised with AA50 rules and cruisers. If I sell AAP40 then AA42 will be the only AA game on my shelf.

No thanks, no offense to you, but I don’t buy things from “unofficial” distribuiters.
    @Brain:

@Reaper:

My concern is that I want to let the price of AAP40 drop as much as it can before I buy it but I don’t want it to suddenly be out of stock.

Trying to time the market can be frustrating and/or dangerous. There is not that much money at stake.

So you are suggesting that I purchase it now?

• I’ll defend skinny here1 - he is offering you the game from his personal collection, something I have done DOZENS of times from people on the internet.

No reason to disparage him as an “unofficial distribuiter (sic)”

• @reloader-1:

I’ll defend skinny here1 - he is offering you the game from his personal collection, something I have done DOZENS of times from people on the internet.

No reason to disparage him as an “unofficial distribuiter (sic)”

I meant no offense, I just meant that he is an individual person, and I don’t buy from individuals, its really nothing against him or anyone, I just don’t do it. Oh and the “unofficial distruiter” thing was because I couldn’t think of what else to call it sorry….

• No worries…

Your loss - and who do you think owns the stores online you buy from (hint: normally individual people)

• @reloader-1:

No worries…

Your loss - and who do you think owns the stores online you buy from (hint: normally individual people)

Yes yes, but, sigh, that’s why i said “unofficial distirbuiter” instead of “individual”, I am at a loss as to what to call it.

• Well you do realize that is the business plan in a capitalist economy. Car builders do that, video game makers do that, house builders, computer manufacturers and even board game makers do this. Don’t feel bad, buy what you want and that is that. If you feel something better is coming out down the road then just wait, no one is twisting your arm except yourself. Be thankful that new games are constantly coming out, and that we just didn’t stop with the original A&A, no one would play it anymore because it is relatively boring and predictable compared to the newer games now.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m