• do you think that a Combat Helicopter or Speed Boat would be good for a future game or anything else……

• the helicopter was just invented during ww2, and we had nothing like a speedboat (maybe a smugler). the game of axis and allies is just that. the axis seized to exist after berlin fell, and the us dropped some small firecrackers over japan i august '45. so no, no future pieces in my beloved AnA game. if you call the game something else, with a futuristic setting then yes.

• No because this is a game of grand strategy and helicopters were not widely used they should not b in the game. And speedboats, what are trying to do here, wage war or go fishing?

• I think he meant in a game taking place in the future or today. In either of those cases I think helicopters would be a must and dspeed boats would be needed for the navies of small regional powers like North korea, or Iran.

• You could have pt boats in WWII, the topic is vague. Do you mean new units for existing or future AA games based on WWII (like GL40), or a game based on more recent events?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PT_boat

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@Dylan:

do you think that a Combat Helicopter or Speed Boat would be good for a future game or anything else……

If you include a Ferrari and a briefcase piece, we could do a Miami Vice game  :-D :-P

• @Variable:

If you include a Ferrari and a briefcase piece, we could do a Miami Vice game  :-D :-P

ROFL

• I hope they decide to reprint and update Fortress America so we can see some modern and futuristic pieces. It would also give the rest of the world a chance to beat up on us some more.

• Now that is a game that would be fun to play, I only saw one copy and it was in a store for $200. Now I like board games but that is ridiculous, hopefully that could be reprinted so we could get a game with modern units.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m