• Customizer

Check my facts for me, please…

Kamikazes can only be activated AFTER one of the ‘kamikaze’ islands have been captured by the Allies.

Let’s say kamikazes are ‘active’ in the game.  The Allies move to take Phi (or any ‘kamikaze’ island) with only a transport and infantry, and they are immune.  In Non-Combat Movement phase, the remainder of the Allied fleet moves into the Phi seazone, but are also immune to kamikaze attack since the attack can only occur in the Allied Combat phase.

Questions:

If the Allied fleet remains in the Phi seazone on the next Allied Combat phase, can they be attacked by Kamikaze?

If the Allied fleet leaves on the next Allied Combat phase, can they be attacked by kamikaze?

Cheers

• Official Q&A

@jim010:

Check my facts for me, please…

Kamikazes can only be activated AFTER one of the ‘kamikaze’ islands have been captured by the Allies.

Let’s say kamikazes are ‘active’ in the game.  The Allies move to take Phi (or any ‘kamikaze’ island) with only a transport and infantry, and they are immune.  In Non-Combat Movement phase, the remainder of the Allied fleet moves into the Phi seazone, but are also immune to kamikaze attack since the attack can only occur in the Allied Combat phase.

Correct.

@jim010:

If the Allied fleet remains in the Phi seazone on the next Allied Combat phase, can they be attacked by Kamikaze?

No.

@jim010:

If the Allied fleet leaves on the next Allied Combat phase, can they be attacked by kamikaze?

Not unless they move into another kamikaze sea zone.

• Customizer

Thanks Krieghund,

I just wanted to make sure.  I have had Allies avoid kamikazes by NCM the fleetn in, and then he has avoided the danger completely.

• ok so kamikazes can only happen during the allies Combat Move.  good to know.

what happens if  -  iwo jima falls to the US.  Kamikazes are now ACTIVE.  then Japan retakes Iwo jima.  are kamikazes still active?

• Official Q&A

Yes.  Once they’re active, they never become inactive again.

• thanks krieg

• TripleA '12

I’m not 100% sure about how Kamikaze attacks prevent shore bombardment during amphibious assaults. Can anyone please explain with perhaps an example? The manual merely states:

“A Kamiaze attack prevents a bombardment supporting an amphibious assault.”

This is extremely brief and, I believe, needs further clarification. I know that Japan may use her full quota of up to 6 Kamikaze attacks (even all against the same enemy surface warship) in the one battle, if she desires. Is it true that ONE Kamikaze attack prevents ALL Battleships and Crusiers from bombarding, or is it done on a 1 for 1 basis? By that I mean does each single Kamikaze only prevent 1 ship from bombarding? Say there are 3 bombarding ships and Japan can make 2 kamikaze strikes - are 2 of the bombardments cancelled whilst the 3rd may go ahead?

Also, I saw this question & answer come up at one point in the FAQ thread:

Q. Does a single Kamikaze attack stop shore bombardment, or must there be at least one conventional unit involved (surface warship or scrambled plane)?
    A. A kamikaze alone will prevent shore bombardment.

Does the answer here relate to my paragraph above, in that one kamikaze prevents ALL shore bombardment? I would really appreciate a clarification on how this all works, thank you.

• @Lozmoid:

I’m not 100% sure about how Kamikaze attacks prevent shore bombardment during amphibious assaults. Can anyone please explain with perhaps an example? The manual merely states:

“A Kamiaze attack prevents a bombardment supporting an amphibious assault.”

This is extremely brief and, I believe, needs further clarification. I know that Japan may use her full quota of up to 6 Kamikaze attacks (even all against the same enemy surface warship) in the one battle, if she desires. Is it true that ONE Kamikaze attack prevents ALL Battleships and Crusiers from bombarding, or is it done on a 1 for 1 basis? By that I mean does each single Kamikaze only prevent 1 ship from bombarding? Say there are 3 bombarding ships and Japan can make 2 kamikaze strikes - are 2 of the bombardments cancelled whilst the 3rd may go ahead?

Also, I saw this question & answer come up at one point in the FAQ thread:

Q. Does a single Kamikaze attack stop shore bombardment, or must there be at least one conventional unit involved (surface warship or scrambled plane)?
    A. A kamikaze alone will prevent shore bombardment.

Does the answer here relate to my paragraph above, in that one kamikaze prevents ALL shore bombardment? I would really appreciate a clarification on how this all works, thank you.

Either ALL bombardment occurs (no naval battle) or NO bombardment occurs.  “A” bombardment does not refer to a single ship, but the entire group of ships firing their single round.

A single Kamikaze plane causes a naval battle in that seazone.  A naval battle eliminates the possibility of shore bombardment from that seazone.  period.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m