• '19 Moderator

Let’s cut to the meat. Post here only after you actualy cast a vote.

Sorry CC, Falk and all you youngsters.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Hmm, you should have had computer touch pad or butterfly ballot. wink

Mine’s going to be butterfly ballot, but that’s fine. It’s worked for over 30 years for everyone not living in Florida.

• I never understood why we even allow those too dumb to operate something you vote with to vote. If they can’t even figure that out, they obviously lack the intellect to know one candidate from the other and probably don’t even know what the heck they’re voting for. Sometimes I wonder that we don’t have some sort of test of competence for people to vote, but I guess it’s too much trouble and would take too much time and money to ensure those voting actually know they’re voting, and what they’re voting for.

• '19 Moderator

I guess I always figured having options like Nader was the intellegence test. Maybe not.

• Badnarik

• '19 Moderator

Yeah, he is on the ballet in AZ too.

• They took Nader off the Ohio ballot so Kerry would get more votes.

• im scared, the amount of voter fraud is tremendous, in clevelend theres more registered voters than there is people living in the city!

I think it should be illegal to keep names off the ballot. If you are running for office and can get 100,000 sponsors then you should be on the national ballot.

• @marine36:

im scared, the amount of voter fraud is tremendous, in clevelend theres more registered voters than there is people living in the city!

really? link? i want to see

• '19 Moderator

By the way I stood in line for 2 hours to vote how about you all?

• @dezrtfish:

By the way I stood in line for 2 hours to vote how about you all?

I did absentee. Sent it in over a week ago.

• I voted at my usual place at 6:30 pm and waited maybe 10 minutes.

• It took me about 30 minutes to vote. I went at an odd time to avoid the rush. Nice being on vacation.

• '19 Moderator

Your on Vacation and yo udidn’t even offer to meet up fora game of A&A… I’m disapointed.

• When I am on vacation I spend most my time with the kids. I give each one a day alone doing whatever they think is fun. So 3 days down there. :) I did go see Alien vrs Predator tonight then played a game of Modern Art after the movie. Pretty decent card game.

I didn’t stand in line. It’s well documented in Illinois that when a Daley is on the throne the state votes Democrat in presidential elections. Basically, when Daley is on the throne, most republicans don’t even bother showing up.

Too bad in this case the state was actually contested. If more republicans showed up we could have been a Bush state. Ah well, some of the people have spoken. heh.

(Yes I did vote, and yes it was a butterfly ballot and no I wasn’t confused!)

• @:

I think it should be illegal to keep names off the ballot. If you are running for office and can get 100,000 sponsors then you should be on the national ballot.

That was a concern of the Founding Parental Units. It would lead to more state or regional candidates. The mayors of a few cities, not to mention the governors and senators of some states(though I did mention them).

Voted absentee a month ago as the family planned on being out of town.

Butterfly ballot…no problems.

Was in town so took me mum(W) and bro(K) to vote. The voter booths were full when we entered, but spaces were available by the time mum ‘n’ bro got their ballots.

Mum(80) took some time to vote. I was there long enough to see a line form for both precincts voting on opposite sides of the room. Lines of 2 to 6 peeps for about 15 of the 30 minutes we were there.

While at the poll asked a pollworker how it was going…
    She looked at the clock and said,
    “It’s 11:30 AM and we’ve already had more voters than any full day!”

• '19 Moderator

I’ve used a buttfly ballot before, but we don’t use them in AZ any more.

Our Ballots look like this:

George W. Bush >–-------->

John F Kerry >-_____ ->

Well that what mine looked like anyway. ;)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m