• I agree with Bumatank.

I wouldn’t put an I.C. on India (on turn one) if U.K. This will surely be a target for Japan. If captured … Japan now has an I.C. in India – which can be DANGEROUS. Especially, if they also purchased one on Manchuria (on turn one). Two I.C.'s for Japan in Asia=No more Russia=Axis Victory.

Mista Biggs 8)

• If you dont build an IC in India on Britain’s 1st turn, most likely Japan will and conquer the whole of asia, unchallenged. If you build an IC in India, and build planes and infantry, japan will stand little chance of conquering it. And if the USA builds an IC in western china, then they can help take the asian mainland easier.

• On the flip side of this if you have the allies spending money covering the Asian conflict, who is helping poor Russia against the Germans amassing a huge unchecked army….I always look at it this way, Japan is probably going to take a nice chunk of the Asian countries. But if the UK and the US are shuck’ing over a sizable amount of troops it leads to a stand off and puts pressure on Germany not to slip up. I do see your point that it will throw a wrench in their plans but that UK money is better spent IMHO funneling troops or planes to Russia.

• I don’t agree with you – PrisonerOfWar.

It has been in my experience that India is usually taken out by Japan on turn 1. Everytime that I have ever built an I.C. on India (with U.K. on turn one) – it has fallen into Japanese hands. India only has 2 infantry and 1 fighter. All Japan has to do is attack it with the following:

2 infantry and 1 fighter from French Indochina-Burma (fighter lands back in French Indochina-Burma);
    2 infantry (via transport) from Phillipines;
    1 bomber from Japan (bomber lands in French Indochina-Burma);
    and if Russia didn’t eliminate or playing RR – 1 fighter from Manchuria (fighter lands in French Indochina-Burma).

Japan can then reinforce French Indochina-Burma with 2 infantry from Japan (via transport), 1 fighter from the aircraft carrier in the Caroline Islands sea zone and 1 fighter from the Phillipines.

This will leave French Indochina-Burma with 2 infantry (possibly 4 – see below), 3 fighters (or 4 if Manchuria’s fighter survives Russia’s attack or playing RR) and 1 bomber.

China only has 2 infantry and 1 fighter. Japan can also attack China with the following:

2 infantry from Kwangtung;
    3 infantry from Manchuria (if playing RR);
    and 1 fighter from Japan (fighter lands in French Indochina-Burma.

NOTE: If not playing RR … Japan should move 2 infantry from Kwangtung to French Indochina-Burma to boost up defensives and prepare for attacking China and/or Sinkiang on turn 2.

If Japan bought buys an I.C. (and places it on French Indochina-Burma) and saves the rest (10 I.P.C.'s) or buys a transport (and saves 2 I.P.C.'s) … look out in turn two!

It doesn’t matter what U.S. does – Japan will eliminate them from Asia in turn 2.

This is a Japanese victory in Asia anyway you spell it.

Mista Biggs 8)

• I don’t like the idea of building an IC in India. Japan can take it too easily. I think the better strategy is for Eng to build an IC in South Africa and place two tanks there every turn. They can easily eliminate germany from Africa which allows the US to transport troups to Africa and then quickly move into Asia and help Russia and/or push back Japan.

• @JoePar22:

I was wondering how everybody feels about the Industrial complex in India. I happen to think that it is a complete waste. It really takes away too many IPCs from the UK and what they should be concentrating on is owning the high seas!

What do yall think?

Stick the cunt in south africa instead

• @El:

J22 & hay,
    Either in this "A&A: or the “Player Help” fora someone suggested a US IC in Singkiang. I looked quickly, but couldn’t find it. You might look. or better yet…

Someone who remember where the US IC in Singkiang might speak up!

Is anybody out there?” - Pink Floydd

its next to china dipshit ( sorrry to be blunt )

• The thing to remember is that the easiest way for Japan to gain lots of cash quickly is Asia, which brings up two points on Allied ICs:

1. By placing the IC, you can slow down the Japanese offensive.

2. However, it’s too easy for Japan to take down an IC in India, leaving the only choice to be Sinkiang, which can only produce 2 units/turn.

An alternative might be to evacuate the British units to Sinkiang, to allow a counter offensive to build up there. Any ideas?

• Ethy,

I believe that Jefe was referring to a thread in which it discussed putting an IC in Singkiang, not where it was on the map. There really isn’t any point of that type of remark on here anyway and I would hope you apologize for you misinterpetation of his remark.

• Ditto…

• Ethy - smarten up. Leave the crude remarks for your the rest of your 13 year old friends.

As for defending the first turn IC - it can be done. 2 Russian MiG’s, 3 UK inf, 1 UK ftr may defend India valiantly. If Japan can not sink the UK trn and bring over enough troops (i.e. it may sink the trn, but lose a ftr in the process - a ftr that may be used on the mainland - difficult decisions for Japan) then the factory will stand for another turn. Furthermore, chances are that either SIN, or both SIN and CHI may not have been properly cleared out in which case, the allies may set Japan back 2-3 turns. Certainly by Japan 4-5 it may have the India IC, but it has cost valuable time doing this.
    Someone commented on the fact that Germany would eat up the poor Russians. So why is this? Is the US sitting on their hands at this time? Of course not. They are playing shuck shuck with Finland - dropping infantry there every turn or two. Add these forces to Russian forces no longer needed to defend against an aggressive Japan consumed/obsessed over south-east asia. Now you’ve got Germany - who likely has few African forces left playing dead-zone exchange with UKR/CAU with Russia, and usually the US as well. Not long until some forces gather in the Azores to threaten Southern Europe as well. Now Germany is fighting the 2-3 front war (remember West Eu as well). Granted, the allies - esp US must take advantage of these first few rounds of a stalled Japan, because you guys are correct - once Japan gets rolling, takes the Ind IC, and then builds another one in MAN with a drop of 6-10 inf/turn on the mainland, then my underpants get a gooey-brown stain.

• All for it, folks!
    Question: Could You all explain 2 terms used here:
    “U.S. shuck shuck” ?
    “RR” rule?
    Thanks!

• RR = Russian Restricted (i.e. Russia cannot attack on turn 1)

Look here to find out what shuck-shuck is:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1921

• gotcha! thanks!

• @JoePar22:

I was wondering how everybody feels about the Industrial complex in India. I happen to think that it is a complete waste. It really takes away too many IPCs from the UK and what they should be concentrating on is owning the high seas!

What do yall think?

I may partially agree (i prefer air superiority to the high seas) but if germany no threat from lack of skill or russia’s assault; or japans a major threat; or russia is in danger, i believe india is a very important territory.

• the indian IC is really a big gamble because japan can easily take it in turn 1 (as neatly explained by MistaBiggs)

instead, here’s my theory for checking japan.
    russia sends its tanks out east, and needless to say, buys 8 infantry. it also sends its transport and sub into britain.
    uk MUST keep its sea space and build transports and infantry. starting turn 2, uk starts shipping infantry to karelia en masse. that further ensures the security of russia, meaning russia can probably send its fighters east to check the japanese advance.
    also british fighters head out east to deal with the japanese. uk ends up with 4 infantry in india (after transporting 2 from australia), which provides a fair bit of fodder for the fighters.

the best strategy for the USA in the pacific is:
    a) occupy wake island
    b) ship some infantry and an anti aircraft gun there
    c) build a fleet of bombers and strategically bomb the lights out of japan

japan will be paralyzed. unable to build anything. so the russians and the brits can easily take out their remaining forces in asia. the americans can take over japan’s pacific territories one by one.

• USA wake Island IC!?!

• no no. not an IC. occupy wake island. then transport infantry and an AA gun from western USA. you can’t build anything on wake island anyway. it doesnt have an IPC value. once wake island is secure, land a fleet of bombers. japan is within striking distance of wake island for the bombers to drain its money.

• Even with value “0” you are allowed to build one unit per turn if you have an IC there.

• if you are playing with the rule that let’s you destroy industries and aa’s when captured, then it might work, but maybe not. Otherwise it’s not a good idea.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m