• Hmm. Even after playing with friends for years, this is completely new to me. Im sure its against the rule in the original book included with the boardgame.

can you perhaps make a precise quotation?

Or is this rule book online?

Cheers!

• Ok -  i found Milton Bradleys AAORG.DOC

I will read it carefully and then turn back ;-)

• Right, here it is:
    –-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blockquote:

Please Note: if the captured territory was originally owned by a member of your .alliance, you are not considered the victor even though you attacked successfully. You are the liberator only! Your ally, who originally owned the now liberated territory, is once again the owner and earns the income value of the ter¬ritory on the National Production Chart. EXCEPTION: If the original owner’s capital is in enemy hands at the time of such a liberation, the liberator collects the income value of the newly captured territory and can use an industrial complex there until the original owner’s capital is liberated (at which time, the production levels would be readjusted)!

Source:Â

page 20 - Second Edition Rules - 1986 by Milton Bradley Co. All Rights Reserved. 4423-X1

http://www.aamc.net/bunker/doc.htm

–-----------------------------------------------------------------

I Admit that the strange EXCEPTION above it’s pretty clear - I wonder why this exception was not published with the original rules included in the boardgame - and not least: why it is not mentioned as differing from 1rst edition rules in the introduction of Mr. Bradleys rule book.

Is it supposed to be a 1rst edition rule as well, now?

And one more thing: What about the AA gun, then? I can see no exception for that, so how does online gamers interpret the rules for the Karelia AA gun?

Hmmm, I wonder what will really be the motivation for liberating moscow if it means UK will loose a factory. I feel a little indignation on behalf of the russians here  :wink:

All right, maybe I could be wrong with the boardgame - I will check again. The 2nd edition boardgame is at my friend’s place were we play every sunday. But again, for sure this way of playing is in NO WAY possible in the cdr-game’s 2nd or 3rd edition rules. No british weapon can ever be produced in Karelia.

pretty weird…

well …aye aye…   :mrgreen:

• it’s odd the discourtious way that SUD was treated after the effort in his attempts to assist a fellow gamer.  Why go out of your way to help someone to be treated like this?

• 2007 AAR League

@ericajordan:

So anyone ever meet this Jennifer?  Close up?

She hot or what?  Worth going to Cinninati to meet?

The real question is how hot is “Erica”?

• @ericajordan:

So anyone ever meet this Jennifer?  Close up?

She hot or what?  Worth going to Cinninati to meet?

Never met her in person, but I hear she’s a hot star fighter pilot:  http://swe.starwarsclub.org/darkjedi/gm_files/[O]4DC-4DA-3DSJennifer Christman.htm

SS

• Let’s not forget about the 2nd ed. rules clarification manual. On the last page, under the heading of “miscellaneous”, it states  " A captured enemy territory with an industrial complex will give you limited unit placement on your next turn. It will be equal to the territory’s IPC value. This rule applies even if the complex was an original one….that is, one the enemy started the game with."
    END OF STORY

• Glad you found the exception Cool.

As for the AA, it would belong to the nation that took control of hte territory, just like any other captured AA, and would remain their until captured again by the enemy.

And thank you to Scarface for the additional clarification.

I assume we can put this to bed now :-)

• Ya, its almost to bed, in fact I thought it was after my last comment. Just a couple of things for Cystic Crypt. SUD is an arrogant bitch and I for one don’t really like nerd snobs. Thats why I got testy. As for the comment from scareface it really didn’t matter because I was looking at the IC as an aliies not an enemies. That was cleared up awhile ago.

• @Scarface:

" A captured enemy territory with an industrial complex will give you limited unit placement on your next turn. It will be equal to the territory’s IPC value.

Scareface? Thats actually no problem Votswagon. You are uk, russia’s capital has gone down,you capture karelia from the germans. You have just captured an ENEMY territory!! GET IT!!! I don’t like your smug attitude either, when we are trying to answer your question!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m