Re: Field Marshal Games Pieces Project Discussion thread

• @knp7765:

Since it looks like Germany is going to be next, I was wondering about the great “Black vs. Grey” debate.  Was there ever a final decision on that?

Also, does anybody know how these are going to be priced when we get to order?  Are we paying for Italy alone, which will fund Germany, which will fund the next nation and so on?  I thought that when Italy came out, we paid for all 8 nations.  Thus, we would get the Italian pieces right away and the others would in effect be pre-orders.  Either way will be okay with me, I just would like an idea of what’s going on.

FMG opted to produce both black and gray because it’s about 50/50 on preference based on votes, but in another poll more people wouldn’t purchase the units at all if they were only molded in Revised/Classic gray.

It is my understanding that Italy funds the next (Germany).  It is not a preorder for a full set (all nations).  Only a Nation Set.  Early adopters will be paying more, as FMG expects the price to drop as each successive nation is completed, but if they don’t get early adopters to pay the premium, there won’t be enough operating capital to fund the remaining nations.

• Well hopefully they’ll be quick with the Germans. I imagine sales will be a little brisker for them than the Italians… unless AAE40 has a deficiency like the Japanese tac bombers.

• '10

speaking about IL, has any one heard from him

he’s always here, watching us

• Fmg will you sell the exras sepuratly.

• '10

@finnman:

Fmg will you sell the exras sepuratly.

The “Extras” Set will be like the other Nations, it will be available for sale separately.

NOTE: After the release of ITALY, the other Nations will be coming in quick succession.  The Factory is already working on the German Sculpts!  As you have seen they have been coming faster and faster.

The first Nation was the biggest challenge with a learning curve for both us and our factory….  Now that we have a system in place I am confident that the ENTIRE project will see completion in 2011 including all Nations and the “Extras” set.

• @FieldMarshalGames:

@finnman:

The “Extras” Set will be like the other Nations, it will be available for sale separately.

NOTE: After the release of ITALY, the other Nations will be coming in quick succession.  The Factory is already working on the German Sculpts!  As you have seen they have been coming faster and faster.

The first Nation was the biggest challenge with a learning curve for both us and our factory….  Now that we have a system in place I am confident that the ENTIRE project will see completion in 2011 including all Nations and the “Extras” set.

Yeah, by the way, what is the approximate due date when I can just buy the whole set with the extras- when is it that available???

Also, ever think of doing the map also???

• '10

@FieldMarshalGames:

@finnman:

WOW this is great news! This is the first confirmation that I have heard that they all will be ready in my lifetime.

• @Fishmoto37:

This is the first confirmation that I have heard that they all will be ready in my lifetime.

You lucky basterd, I got a heart condition and my doc will be surpriced if I live to see the Italians.

• '10

@Razor:

@Fishmoto37:

This is the first confirmation that I have heard that they all will be ready in my lifetime.

You lucky basterd, I got a heart condition and my doc will be surpriced if I live to see the Italians.

Sorry to hear that. Looks like you may not even make it through one game of AAG1940 if thats the case.

• @FieldMarshalGames:

@finnman:

Excellent news!  :-D

• geez, this sure is one looooong thread, man

• '10

If you look at the board stats…  It is the longest thread in the history of AAA.org!

• Does it have the highest post density?

• Since the aagun is gonna be neutral what mold will it be? We’ll everyone get a flak 88?

• i think we should have a german tank model as the long barled (spelling) panzer 3

• Well then were either asking FMG to make a traditional generic AAgun or too make two AA gun molds, one for the axis and one allies. Even still Japan and Italy never used 88s and the allies didnt have one single aa gun they all shared.

• '10

same as if us, france,russia,uk,anzac, use a befores(wrong spelling)

?

• The UK used a variety of aa guns, the primary heavy aa gun was QF 3.7 inch  which was used during the Battle of Britain and througout the war.

• TripleA '12

It is my understanding that FMG will be using the Bofors AA Gun for the generic non-nation specific piece:

Bofors AA Gun.jpg

• That would be the 40mm?
    thats a good idea cause its swedish and alot of different countries used it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m