Printing fixed object on the gameboard…

• Why didn’t WotC print each nations’ original IC’s, airbases, & naval bases on the gameboard similar to the original A&A Pacific. It would save space and you wouldn’t have the risk of accidently knocking the cardboard chits everywhere.

• you’d still need chits for new airbases etc.  and they want us to write down our IPCs on paper, but use the plastic chips as damage markers UNDER all the chits, because apparently we can’t write those numbers down…

WOTC sucks?

• @MaherC:

you’d still need chits for new airbases etc.  and they want us to write down our IPCs on paper, but use the plastic chips as damage markers UNDER all the chits, because apparently we can’t write those numbers down…

WOTC sucks?

I understand that you still need chits for new bases & IC’s. But it would save considerable space on small islands & territories such as New Zealand. Also you wouldn’t have issues with bumping the marker off an island when moving fleets through the seazone.

• more of a problem for me is the 2 boards moving when bumped.  Causing issues with pieces moving.  Also, if they printed on the board, then there would be a Maj IC in Australia and a Minor in NZ which have since been removed from the starting setup.  Think of how much fun those would be to deal with…

• @MaherC:

more of a problem for me is the 2 boards moving when bumped.  Causing issues with pieces moving.  Also, if they printed on the board, then there would be a Maj IC in Australia and a Minor in NZ which have since been removed from the starting setup.  Think of how much fun those would be to deal with…

You do have a point there….

• I use small binder clips to hold the boards together. I helps somewhat.

link to photo of clips

http://www.boldlentil.com/2008/12/binder-clip-daschund.html

• Do the binder clips leave an impression on the gameboards?

• I saw a picture of somebody (I think it was LarryH) that used this on his game board. I bought some too because it is pretty annoying when the board separates. (Of course the Japanese mainland is in the center of that break so all those parts fall through)

I have not tried it yet though. I can’t ever seem to find A&A players. Anybody from Oregon???

• I thought about those but assumed they would dent/scratch the board.  Wanted to find some of those longer, softer plastic ones that went on the edge of a paper (usually with some colored, translucent plastic sheet to go over the title page) but can’t seem to find those as kids no longer write papers apparently.

I blame twitter (shakes cane)

• @Brain:

Do the binder clips leave an impression on the gameboards?

Yes, there is a dent. A small dent, but impressions are made in the board.

• I use Avery sliding Bar Report Covers to hold the board together.  I used them on AA50 and WW2 The Game as well.  There is minimal damage if any.  The compression is spread over the 11 inches
    http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/429258/Avery-Sliding-Bar-Report-Covers-Assorted/

It is also reasonable cost incomparison to an idea a chimp told me……
    Make an inlay on MDF board…

• @C_Strabala:

Why didn’t WotC print each nations’ original IC’s, airbases, & naval bases on the gameboard similar to the original A&A Pacific. It would save space and you wouldn’t have the risk of accidently knocking the cardboard chits everywhere.

My thinking is that the stand alone games (Pac & Euro) will have different set-ups than the combined game. For example, will India have a major IC in the combined game :?. I doubt it, I would think that it would be a minor IC. So, I believe there will be differences in the set-ups in these games.

• @leddux:

I use Avery sliding Bar Report Covers to hold the board together.  I used them on AA50 and WW2 The Game as well.  There is minimal damage if any.  The compression is spread over the 11 inches
    http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/429258/Avery-Sliding-Bar-Report-Covers-Assorted/

It is also reasonable cost incomparison to an idea a chimp told me……
    Make an inlay on MDF board…

Thanks for the link, I went to staples earlier today looking for those and the girl working said she had no idea what I was talking about when I asked for those.  I remember using them but apparently kids today turn in their papers via ustream while twittering their teachers who are busy talking about myspace drama on facebook.  Now I know what they are called.

• '10

@C_Strabala:

Why didn’t WotC print each nations’ original IC’s, airbases, & naval bases on the gameboard similar to the original A&A Pacific. It would save space and you wouldn’t have the risk of accidently knocking the cardboard chits everywhere.

There will be another setup in the global 1940 game.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m