Re: Field Marshal Games Pieces Project Discussion thread

• @johnnymarr:

russian/italian colors terrible for the color blind in AA50

Fortunately the FMG dice are not quite the same as the AA50 pieces … the Russian dice are red-er, and the Italian dice are brown-er than the actual pieces themselves.  So, I would imagine this will follow through to the FMG pieces as well.  :)

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

yes, I have a set of the dice from FMG, they are nice and a good choice of colors.

• '10

@Rorschach:

@johnnymarr:

russian/italian colors terrible for the color blind in AA50

Fortunately the FMG dice are not quite the same as the AA50 pieces … the Russian dice are red-er, and the Italian dice are brown-er than the actual pieces themselves.  So, I would imagine this will follow through to the FMG pieces as well.  :)

This man is correct.  He has an inside KNOW.

Thanks Rorschach!

• Customizer

Does this mean the the US will be greener? And the Germans are gray again?

• Oh yeah, I forgot about the Grey Nazi Dice, that’s the only set I won’t use, still use the black dice to match the pieces.  Stickler for the uniformity bit with them since I have them…  Sorry FMG, they are still awesome dice sets!

• '10

@Bob_A_Mickelson:

Does this mean the the US will be greener? And the Germans are gray again?

Yes, the units will match the COMBAT DICE colours.  Please see picture on our main page.

• Of course the color blind will not need to look as they won’t see what we see :evil:

Grey is the better choice for the color to represent the Germans.
    Since 90% of the Army was Wermacht (Greyish green uniforms) and 10% was SS, but……
    the SS thate wore the Black Uniform was even less.

• grey would be more appropriate, but i don’t mind the darker grey at the same time …

the wehrmacht and the ss pretty much shared the same style uniforms, accept that the ss utilised camo patterns during the last few years of the war. the ‘black’ ss you’re thinking of were the allgemeine ss, but they weren’t combat units  :wink:

• Gray or black, I don’t care.  Just give me some cool pieces.

• '10

My vote is for a medium gray

@tin_snips:

grey would be more appropriate, but i don’t mind the darker grey at the same time …

the wehrmacht and the ss pretty much shared the same style uniforms, accept that the ss utilised camo patterns during the last few years of the war. the ‘black’ ss you’re thinking of were the allgemeine ss, but they weren’t combat units  :wink:

Yes, I relaize that, but did not make myself clear +1 for you….thanks!

• FMG:

Any time table on when pre-order will begin?

Also, will these sets be a “limited run”, or do you plan to have ample stock/replenish stock?

Like many, I’m excited about the project and want to make sure I don’t miss the purchase opportunity.

• '10

@Monroe:

FMG:

Any time table on when pre-order will begin?

Also, will these sets be a “limited run”, or do you plan to have ample stock/replenish stock?

Like many, I’m excited about the project and want to make sure I don’t miss the purchase opportunity.

We are just waiting on the factory to complete the first ITALY samples.  Once I have something CONCRETE to show everyone I will create a pre-order page.  I hope these will be available long term.

• I hope these will be available long term.

Me too.

• @Black:

My vote is for a medium gray

The FMG Dice are a Medium gray, so I would say … you win!  :D

• glad to see this project coming along, no matter what colour the germans are  8-)

• How about gray for regulars and black for elites?

• and dark-green for US elites?  Maroon for USSR?  I like it, but 99.999% chance FMG is sticking w/ dice colors straight through.  The quality of FMG’s inf woun’t be 2 colors, as was w/ Pacific, but 2 highly detailed, distinct inf sculpts.

As for AA40, the board color is the same as '41, so it’s safe to assume unit colors will stay the same (which means maroon Russians).

• '10

@Brain:

How about gray for regulars and black for elites?

At this time we can only do one colour per nation.  We would have to run the whole mould through in the second colour which would mean you would have a BLACK tank / plane / sub in addition to the Grey version.  We cant do just ONE unit in a specific colour.

But you could always use existing units from AAE or Bulge to give yourself a custom set.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m