• Customizer

Medieval, incorporating some of the mechanics I’ve been playing around with for years.
    If possible, a Game of Thrones licence would be splendid.

Dark Ages; maybe English Heptarchy, with Viking raiders turning up after so many turns.

I like the 300 BC idea. Possibly Alexandrian successors states.

• @Flashman:

Medieval, incorporating some of the mechanics I’ve been playing around with for years.
    If possible, a Game of Thrones licence would be splendid.

Dark Ages; maybe English Heptarchy, with Viking raiders turning up after so many turns.

I like the 300 BC idea. Possibly Alexandrian successors states.

There is preliminary work on a Game of Thrones style game on Triplea…  would be a blast!

• Customizer

Hope it has capture/ransom of characters included; didn’t understand why they left this out of the official game.

• @Flashman:

Hope it has capture/ransom of characters included; didn’t understand why they left this out of the official game.

That stuff isn’t really modeled in triplea, so I doubt it.  There will be politics though, similar to the Napoleonic Wars game (the Nap game in Triplea).

• Customizer

But what fun can it be if you can’t hold the Kingslayer captive in your dungeon?

• Spanish Civil War  :-D

• Cold War (essentially) ww3
    Soviets and the Warsaw Pact vs USA and NATO

• American civil war
    War of 1812
    Something based off of the 100 years war
    War of the triple alliance (1864-70)
    I would love to see a game that pits Rome vs. Carthage
    Naturally, if these were made they would still be called Axis & Allies  :-D

• OK, this probably wouldn’t work, but what if they made a game combining WW1 and WW2? It would be a monster, and about 500 times more complicated, but think how cool would it be. You would have an end of WW1 (perhaps based on Flashman’s morale track), a few turns to rebuild and improve tech, and start WW2. Like I said. this most likely wouldn’t work, but it would be so much fun to play.
    Some major issues:
    -How to represent going from WW1 tech to WW2 tech
    -How to handle the end of WW1 and the start of WW2
    -How to handles Germany’s rise to power before WW2 (because no allied player would actually let Germany take Austria, etc.)
    -What if the CPs win WW1?
    -It would be REALLY boring to play Japan during the first half of the game
    -Collapse (or possible non collapse) of AH and Ottoman empires
    -Great Depression
    -The game would take weeks to play (Like that’s ever been an issue?)

So it’s pretty clear it would never work. Maybe if we locked Larry in a small room with nothing else to work on for 10 years?

• Customizer

Yeah, lock Larry in a small room so the game wouldn’t have crazy stuff like capturing capitals and collecting money at the end of a turn.

Start in 1901 and let the powers go at it as they will.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m