• Analytical help is nice, but there is only one way to be a decent player,and that is to practice and practice again, and play a lot of games, especially against players who are more experienced. Yesterday I played my first AA50 game since several months ago, and most logically, I did a lot of mistakes  :-( :-)

• I understand that with play my skills and strategies will improve.  I’ve just felt like getting some of the community to talk out some of my gameplay would help me get a grip on what I need to focus on.

• @bongaroo:

I understand that with play my skills and strategies will improve.  I’ve just felt like getting some of the community to talk out some of my gameplay would help me get a grip on what I need to focus on.

Nothing wrong with strat talks!

Personally, I think TripleA is a very efficient way of learning a lot, regardless if one prefers TripleA online vs “anyone”, or if someone prefers F2F in a local playgroup. This is most valid for games that are older than AA50 though. Not many veteran AA50 players yet, compared to revised. If you use the PBF you can achieve the same goal, but TripleA is way more time-efficient.

A couple of years ago I was on par with a couple of revised players, but after I started playing TripleA online I beat the crap out of them! Unfortunately they learned from me, it took only a few games before we were at the same level again, but we all got better then before I started playing against a “worldwide pool” of A&A players.

• One of these days Sub i’ll take you down again  :evil:

Just wish TripleA would finish the change, and my weekend connection would improve.

• @bugoo:

One of these days Sub i’ll take you down again  :evil:

Not with a $5 bid for allies if I’m axis  :mrgreen:

Remember, you estimated allies bid being lower b/c they are more difficult to learn and to master, and you were right, but with LL you can only bid so low…… :-)

And for regular dice, which I strongly disfavor, AA50 is actually pretty balanced, the only problem is that many games are decided during the first rnd.

• '16 '15 '10

This may not be the place to discuss it, but what is up with AA:50 on TripleA?  I haven’t been able to access the Unstable server for several months, though I don’t often get an opportunity to try.  The community boards seem pretty dead as well.  Is the dice server for PBEM still functional?

• @Zhukov44:

This may not be the place to discuss it, but what is up with AA:50 on TripleA?  I haven’t been able to access the Unstable server for several months, though I don’t often get an opportunity to try.  The community boards seem pretty dead as well.  Is the dice server for PBEM still functional?

I have heard the unstable lobby is occasionally functional - but never when I have tried. I have had a lot of success advertising for AA50 games in the stable lobby, and just arranging to play over direct connection using the 1034 release.

• '16 '15 '10

@rockrobinoff:

I have heard the unstable lobby is occasionally functional - but never when I have tried. I have had a lot of success advertising for AA50 games in the stable lobby, and just arranging to play over direct connection using the 1034 release.

Huh. Good idea, I’ll try that sometime.

• @bugoo:

Do NOT abandon Karelia!  G had 4 inf, 1 art, 3 arm and a bunch of planes in range.  Russia could have had a stack of 11 inf, 1 art, 1 arm plus 2 uk figs there.  You gave germany free money without them even having to work for it.  If you had to do an attack you should have struck Baltic States.

While in this game I would agree with you that he should not have given up Karelia, if Germany is really gunning for it I abandon it every time.  While that’s a big stack Russia can put there, Germany will take it if it wants to and it’s inevitable.  If they don’t take it G2 then they’ll take it G3 and then you’re going to have a gigantic German presence there with no Russian troops behind it in Arc.  I’d rather pull the AA gun, 5 inf, and 1 art out of there to be used later instead.

Although granted once again, he should have held on to Karelia in this particular situation.

• Thanks for all the advice guys, I feel like the games I’m playing now are going better.  I’ve stuck to goals I’ve set and haven’t let the other players dictate how I play so much.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m