Should Germany take Egypt first turn?

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

If Egypt was not attacked on Germany 1, then Egypt IS in England’s hands on Round 1.  (And it should have 4 infantry, artillery, armor, fighter and bomber on it at least. Which should be plenty to thwart Italy from taking it.)

• Sure it would be in the possession of the U.K. on turn 1, but where do all those pieces come from (besides the planes, I know where they would come from), assuming that the Germans did attack on their turn? Even if the British survived that attack I doubt they’d have all the troops you say, unless they sacrificed India to bolster Egypt.

• They start with 2 Inf, 1 Art, 1 Arm, 1 Ftr in Egypt. If Germany doesnt attack, the Brits can move in 2 Inf from Trans-Jordan. The bomber, I assume, would be a survivor of the Brit attack on the Italian fleet (assuming the CA/DD off Gibraltar werent sunk and the Brits made that attack). Other than that, I dont know why you would want the bomber in there).

If, for whatever reason, the Japanese dont kill the TR/DD off India, then the Brits can reinforce from there (obviously at the cost of India). Personally as Britain, if the Germans attack and fail, I evacuate the Fighter to India (assuming its obvious I cant hold off Italy). If the Germans dont attack, then I reinforce from T-J only (I dont weaken India). If Egypt is not attacked by Germany, then I’ll tend to drop the IC in South Africa. If it does fall, then it depends on the rest of the global situation.

• hm i was talking about an italian complex in egypt, bought on IT2 ;)  here is what happend.

in a KIF game, G1 took egypt. so yes axis did get italy its 2nd NO and 20+ IPC for one or two rounds but it dindt help. IT was SBRed so heavily there was no point in repairing factory damage. he was basically down to purtchasing 2-3 inf a turn… and with italian navy sunk at round 4 or 5 only a defesive tool for germany ( africa retaken by allies at that point.)

so we have come to the conclusion that italy really needs an IC in egypt to be of any help to germany.  by the time allies have taken egypt and the IC , japan will be there to enter land war against US in africa. an IC really commits one of UK/US to really fight for africa or UK  goes under 20 IPC… this gains time for japan to reach the european theatre, this takes pressure of germany.

if G1 takes egypt, italy can only shuffle about 6 -10 units over to africa before his navy is sunk. plus he cant really produce in italy cuz he needs to repair factory damage.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m