[1914] Overly Detailed Modified Version

• '15

I like the livestock and the Gallipoli raid, although I did like the suggestion someone else had on making it round 2.

I like the Baltic idea though. I’m going to set up the board this weekend and take a look

• @Midnight_Reaper I think the change in the turn order will actually really help the game. In regards to the Serbia situation, technically, Germany invaded Belgium BEFORE Austria actually launched an offensive against Serbia.

• @MasterMark26

Don’t think I knew that tidbit. I like it

The new turn order has worked great. Combined with all the other changes, each major country has a bunch of options now. Maybe this was just in my household, but like I mentioned in the first post, every game was just “Ok, Germany and AH go after Russia and try to get them out of the game asap, then just turn all attention toward France.”

• @Nippon-koku I just have a question regarding the French setup. Why are there French forces in the middle of Germany (aka Hanover)? Just seems a little odd to me, but I’m sure there is a good reason behind it.

• '15

I listened to Dan Carlin’s breakdown of the war, and something I didn’t know was France had pushed into the middle Germany quite a bit. Germany had a big army going North, and one going South. France wasn’t supposed to advance, but the general in charge (blanking on his name) went for it and was beat up by the German reserve troops, which were a larger in number, and far better trained, than the French thought they’d be

If I got any parts of that wrong, someone jump in. It was a while ago that I listened

• Ok cool I did not know about that. Thank you for clarifying.

• @MasterMark26 If you have the time and inclination, Dan Carlin’s breakdown of WWI is incredible. It was a large part of the motivation for making this

• @Nippon-koku Thank you for the suggestion. I will definitely check that out!

• I’d like to see resources developed a little more. Gold and silver, for instance, basically just increase the IPC value of a territory. Maybe you could add some technicality to make it more interesting and influential?

• @Charles-de-Gaulle I’m interested. Anything in particular you have in mind?

• I hadn’t really given it a thought, but here’s two ideas that just came to mind:

Make it so that the player has to somehow “transfer” the precious metal from the area. This could be as simple as forcing there to be one unit in the zone, or somehow involve a shipping convoy.

Another thing I was thinking that might help with the same old boredom in Africa, is perhaps gold or silver can be used to recruit more African locals and deploy infantry in the colonies.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m