• 2007 AAR League

anyone know who the greens were?

and i love the fact that they were so brutal to each other.  i mean using red captives to power your locomotive……brilliant.

and perhaps we can do the british civil war.  who else had a BIG civil war?

• '19 Moderator

@balungaloaf:

who else had a BIG civil war?

Just throwing this one out here… the French…

• 2007 AAR League

i thought of that, but i’d put into under a revolution.

or do you mean the religious wars where france goes 0-5-4 vs the hugenuats(sp?)

• '19 Moderator

LOL, what is the difference between civil war and revolt?

also Spanish Civil war aka WWII practice

• @dezrtfish:

also Spanish Civil war aka WWII practice

Yea: Spain, first to fight… sadly  :cry: We didn’t recover fully until the mid 80’s

• I must add Chinese civil wars… lots of them. Maybe the most famous are Warring States, Three Kingdoms era and the last civil war Communists vs Kuomingtan

Russian Civil War… Left 1.179 Million Dead.

GG

• @Funcioneta:

I must add Chinese civil wars… lots of them. Maybe the most famous are Warring States, Three Kingdoms era and the last civil war Communists vs Kuomingtan

Romance of the Three Kingdoms is one of my favorite books.

You’ve got Korea, Vietnam that are probably more well known.  But if we are including revolutions, then the American one should probably be included.

I’d also include the Sengoku period of Japan.

• 2007 AAR League

after study of this civil war, Cossacks should be given honorary american citizenship.

• think that we forgot Greece

• Hey, Roman Empire: Pompeius vs Caesar, Octavius vs Marco Antonio…

• well i was refering to 20th century Greece, i think they had a civil war therež

but you re right, both Roman E. both Ancient Greece had their civil wars

• 20th century greek civil war also, true. After WWII, I think commies vs monarchy

• The Empire versus the rebel alliance  :mrgreen:

• @allies_fly:

The Empire versus the rebel alliance  :mrgreen:

The Sith will rise again!!!  8-)

• Well since Americans were British subjects at the time i suppose the US war of independence was a civil war.

• The indian Sepoy mutiny of 1857.

…. and if you stretched it enough i suppose you could call the reformation a civil war in the church  :-D

• @Petrucci08:

The indian Sepoy mutiny of 1857.

…. and if you stretched it enough i suppose you could call the reformation a civil war in the church  :-D

they forgot a lot of them without haveing to strech. like all the english civil wars and the glorious revolution. and they forgot the war where more americans died than any other war. (also happens to be the second modern war) the Civil War. (what a creative name) Does the Hungarian Revolution count as one and all the other minor communist revolts. Does Italian Renuifaction count as a civil war. because it just this one dude going around and forcing others to join the great italian cause. but someone said something about Greece. they did have a civil war right after world war I i think.

• Also the Guelf-Ghibiline conflict was the cause of numerous civil wars across Europe (although mainly in itlay) during the middle ages and the renaissance.

Then add to that the further conflicts caused because of the factions within the Guelf party (black vs white).

• @cyan:

@Petrucci08:

The indian Sepoy mutiny of 1857.

they forgot a lot of them without haveing to strech. like all the english civil wars and the glorious revolution. and they forgot the war where more americans died than any other war. (also happens to be the second modern war) the Civil War. (what a creative name) Does the Hungarian Revolution count as one and all the other minor communist revolts. Does Italian Renuifaction count as a civil war. because it just this one dude going around and forcing others to join the great italian cause. but someone said something about Greece. they did have a civil war right after world war I i think.

Greece had its civil war after WWII

the communists tried to seize power

the USA and UK backed up anticommunist forces which eventually win

very important event was closing the borders of Yugoslavia and Albania to Greece, that how Greek communists found themselves trapped
    -it happened after the Tito-Stalin split

and the Greek communists were i think ideologicaly connected to Soviets

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m