• I’m confused, does Dive Bombers give German fighters a pre-combat attack where they hit on 5s, or is it they hit on 5s during the first round of combat? It looks like the latter, but then I don’t know why everyone likes them so much. Panzerblitz is so much better: You can just use your tank stack to trade territory while fighters could pick up targets of opportunity and hold WEu.

• I have only played one game with NA’s and the Germand U-Boat interdiction was nice.

I would imagine that The Luftwaffe Dive Bomber would be pretty sweet.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Dive Bombers allow German Fighters to attack on Round 1 at 5 or less.  However it ONLY applies to land battles and ONLY if no defending fighters are present.

Dug-In Defenders for Japan allow infantry defending on islands (as defined as a land mass completely circumscribed by ONE sea zone) to defend at 3 or less on round 1.

Australia, Japan, Madagascar, Greenland, etc are NOT considered islands because they have more then one sea zone.

This was answered when America had Island Bases and these were determined not to be islands because it would allow fighters to extend their range artificially more so then just the island base. (You could fly into a sea zone, over the island free and be in the next sea zone without using a movement point.)

• Greenland is in a lone sea zone, so is a island  :-D

@Funcioneta:

Greenland is in a lone sea zone, so is a island  :-D

No it is not because it is not circumscribed by that sea zone.

England is also not an island.

• Offmap also counts? Strange… not that japaneses would dig in artic igloos or USA going to prepare a massive marines invasion from Greenland, but still strange…

Yup, off map counts as well.  It’s just a way to cut down on island bases used by America up there, I think.  Dunno why America would want them up there, but I guess someone tried it and the consensus was made that it should not be permitted.

• '11

Panzerblitz and Wolfpacks are such a thing of beauty. Nothing compares to rolling over an Allied defense and then mass convoy destruction.

• I do think that wolfpacks sounds good, but rare is the game, where I have the time to build subs with germany.

I like Stukas since they are useful as long as germany has its airforce (hopefully throughout the game).

In enhanced wolfpacks are DA BOMB!  You can seriously crucify America and England if you set them up correctly.

In LHTR 2.0, they are not that great.  Primarily because you have to build the bastards and that detracts from beating on Russia.

Panzerblitz > Dive-Bombers in my opinion.  Mainly because you can now use your tanks like you would fighters.  Got 3 infantry defending you have to take out?  Send 12 tanks 2 infantry in.  Odds are stellar you’ll kill them all in one round and then you can pull your armor back out afterwards.  (Normally if you have this NA you also are building up lots of tanks as well to exploit it, I’ve had upwards of 30 tanks with this going allowing me to pull those kinds of moves on a regular basis.)

• For God’s sake, I can’t believe Panzerblitz didn’t come out at #1.  How could ANYONE not vote for Panzerblitz as one of the four?

I’m looking at you.  o.O

Why is it so good?  Instead of just leaving your tanks to sit and cower because you can’t lose your precious precious tanks, you can use those tanks and cram them down the Allies’ throats - and then you can ALSO cower with them by retreating them during noncombat.  Because you can use tanks to claim territory, you can even attack with a lighter infantry reserve than you normally would.  It’s like - save infantry, save fighters, use tanks.  OMG ITS SO GOOD!

• Yeah tanks are strong :-)

Panzerblitz was my second vote for germany (Stukas, Panzerblitz) and for the Japs I took (Night Fighting Skills and Most Powerful Battleships).

Yea, NF and MPB are pretty darn good if you are encountering KJF.  Otherwise, MPB and Tokyo Express are better,IMHO.  (NF doesn’t work for bombardments, so they are very mitigated if America flees from Japanese supremacy in the Pacific.)

Banzai’s too nerfed in LHTR.  If it was more like how they are in enhanced, they’d be much better, IMHO.  (You can use them in conjunction with artillery, armor, fighters and bombers in enhanced, but not in LHTR.)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m