• What are some good places to put ICs? Any Power or side. just some good places to put them.

• well i guess it depends on how u play with the industrial complex rule like me and whoever i play with usually play where the num. in the territory doesnt matter on how many units u place there. thats how i play so we place them on good positions like like india is a great 1 ummm kwukwangtung is good again this is if u dont go by the nums.

Brazil is good too

• India and French Indochina are the 2 spot locations for Japan, with Manchuria close behind.
    Kwangtung is less useful because of distance/limited attack routes against Russia.

East Indies/Borneo for the US. If they are playing KFJ and manage to build and hold an IC on those islands it is bye bye to the Japanese fleet and a major part of their income.

South Africa/Brazil/Australia are usually too distant of the major areas of the map.

Norway for the UK, if they are making more money than necessary to build 8 ground units on UK.

Egypt might work for the UK, if it is defended from Japan. For Japan it can be impossible to hold that IC if the US makes a push for it.

Sinkiang the same for the US, if the Russians can help defend it. But there’s a very big risk of Japan taking it.

• '16 '15 '10

Good points Hobbes.

One thing to note in this game as opposed to Revised is its nice if a location has an aa gun in place.  So if UK is going to build an IC in its colonies then India is a good spot.

A Sink factory is thought of as a good complement to the India factory, but it lacks that aa gun.  A better complement to India is a USA Pacific push and a Sinkiang factory can be a distraction from that.

An Egypt factory might have its uses in a KJF game….but if you’re gonna go KJF why not just go India?  Sure, you can hold Egy from Japan by propping it up with the USA, (ie an Atlantic strategy) but in that case UK might be better using its resources to hack at Germany from the other side.

The best factory for the Allies in a traditional KGF game is Norway, with UK or USA building it depending on the game situation and overall strategy.

For Japan, I agree with Hobbes, FIC and India are the closest to Cauc/Mos.

• If your going to build a Norway factory, have the U.S. build it.  Then they can devote some income to the Pacific while getting ground units to Russia for aid or building ships in the Baltic to protect the U.K. fleet.  It is a strategy I have had success with often.

• depends on the country… Russia and Germany should probably never buy a complex.
    UK… India, Egypt, Norway, Australia, S. Africa
    JAPAN… in the 1st round Manchuria and kwangtung
    USA… Norway, Sinkinag (in the 2nd Round)

all this depends on the game situation of course

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m