• What do you think is the better path if you want to position Japan to kill Russia.  If I build two IC with Japan and America goes all in the Pacific can I really counter that.  Curious what everyones thoughts would be

Thanks a bunch.

• I prefer to build one IC (Kwangtung), and two transports on J1, saving one IPC.

I like having three transports as Japan by turn 2 (assuming the SZ59 one gets killed) so I can continue to use the Japan IC all game long and ferry troops over into Asia, or use them on the offensive if I want to invade Alaska, make an amphibious assault on the eastern Russian territories, or whatever.

• '16 '15 '10

Good question.  Re. the problem of fighting USA with 2 facts….at least with 2 facts the Jap fleet has some more flexibility to maneuver with less transports to protect.  On the other hand, 1 fact is probably better against KJF since that way you can build 3 inf/tanks on the mainland, plus air/sea with the rest of your cash.

Against KGF, buying transports and using the Japan factory is more economically efficient, but I’d like at least one factory on the mainland  or tanks to quickly exploit Russia if they are open.

It all depends.  The decision ought to depend on how vulnerable Russia is and what UK did on its turn.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m