• Does the top tip of England supposed to be inside or sea zone next to Norway? The guys in the group are whining about it totally helping the allies. Or is it a map errata? Thanks in advance!

• Scotland is definitely in SZ 3 as well as SZ2 and 6.

How does this help the allies? The UK is an island  so all SZ are accessible.

• It is  dry easy for the English to transport units from England to Leningrad and Archangel in one move. Some of my group were whining about it. I think it goes further to help the Allies protect from the ’ Squeeze Russia first plan of action than either of the 1942 editions. I believe the Anniversary edition stands with Global '40 as the best Axis and Allies game out there! And is also playable in one sitting or afternoon. Love it!

• @Gen.Nehring:

Does the top tip of England supposed to be inside or sea zone next to Norway? The guys in the group are whining about it totally helping the allies. Or is it a map errata? Thanks in advance!

The allies need all the help they can get in AA50!

• @axis_roll:

@Gen.Nehring:

�  �  Does the top tip of England supposed to be inside or sea zone next to Norway? The guys in the group are whining about it totally helping the allies. Or is it a map errata? Thanks in advance!

The allies need all the help they can get in AA50!

I feel like it’s easier to be the Allies in AA50 1942 than Revised or 1942 First Edition.

Germany can’t wipe out the entire British fleet on the first turn, which makes Allied survivability much higher because at the very least Britain can become a huge problem with a fleet.

• @Afterword:

I feel like it’s easier to be the Allies in AA50 1942 than Revised or 1942 First Edition.

Well the first edition had unlimited complexes, so an IC in Persia or USA china complex made it quite difficult for the axis.

Been quite a while since I played a straight up revised game, but it was, like most A&A out of the box rules, KGF.  usually in a 3 on 1, the numbers have an advantage

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

IMO Allies have the edge in Revised and Classic. Especially Classic.
    AA50 (both scenarios, although IIRC 41 is a bit closer) is tough for the Allies in most cases unless you turn NOs off and/or close the Dardanelles.

Of course, if you really hate yourself just play 42SE or G40 with Allies no bid.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m