• Holy crap.  Can’t even keep a simple GD topic on route without it getting locked.  Even the people complaining about PD being a problem invariably turn the discussion to PD.

So this is a topic about anything.

I’ll start.

American sports are long and boring.  It’s just an excuse to get drunk.

Agreed. I just worked a concession at a Nascar Race, and that is all I dealt with… I had a ton of people ask me for beer. Pretty discouraging when your selling hot dogs…

GG

• @Jermofoot:

At least they have an excuse.  It does confine spectators to a single location or to their TVs.

People will drink regardless… Think Friday happy hour… think "Hi Bob"during the Bob Newhart show, think up and down the river (card game)…

there’s always a reason to drink, so don’t just blame sports.

• good concept for a thread, Jermo. Kudos.

For your subject, I like boxing…. yet, that could be considered international, I suppose.

On another topic…  :lol:… I love pumpkin pie. Can’t wait for Thanksgiving.

Oh,… and I did a rolling burn out through lit gasoline on my bike during a block party. That was fun.

• @Jermofoot:

Holy crap.  Can’t even keep a simple GD topic on route without it getting locked.  Even the people complaining about PD being a problem invariably turn the discussion to PD.

I’ll start.

Sports is all politics.

See what I did there?

Blatant Lies, Blatant Lies!!! :-D

OK, keep on topic… Till it changes :wink:

GG

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Funny, I did this YESTERDAY, but it looks like someone deleted the thread titled Ramblings to the Four Corners of the Earth.

Go fig.

I don’t think your thread was deleted for it’s originality or initial post but for content posted after it…

GG

@Guerrilla:

I don’t think your thread was deleted for it’s originality or initial post but for content posted after it…

GG

Usually it’s locked, not deleted. :P

Wonder who said what in my thread!  Anyway, was just offended that someone was getting credit for the idea I posted yesterday.  At least you are tacitly recognizing that I had a similar idea a full day before this was posted.

Now I can move on.org!

Well, considering that we have had a ton of these pop up and “clog” the space of a supposed GD… You get the idea…

GG

• @Cmdr:

@Guerrilla:

GG

Usually it’s locked, not deleted. :P

Wonder who said what in my thread!  Anyway, was just offended that someone was getting credit for the idea I posted yesterday.

I wouldnt lose any sleep over it if I were you.  :lol:

• Speaking of drinking and sports…

Eventually you reach the point where the sporting event is just too long.

For example, I sent a score of my customers to the last Charlotte NASCAR race (a 500).  They all had a great time.

But in the spring I sent others to the Coca Cola 600 in Charlotte.  Every single one of them said it was too long.

Eventually, you just can’t keep drinking if you are actually AT the event.

:roll:

I say we figure out who can drive the fastest from LAX to Tokyo in a VW Beetle (the 60s version, not todays.)

That would be a GREAT drinking event! :P

BTW, anyone know where the best place to give birth is?  Wrong!  Next to a Xerox machine, I hear it’s a great place to reproduce!

• Anything!?….  :evil: how about politics JOKE !!JOKE!!!  :lol:

Well, me and my dad are going trap shooting and testing out our new 50. cal balckpowder riffle  sat. :evil:  :evil: before we go hunting pheasant.

So what do ya’ll think about hunting…good, don’t care, or, OMFG! how horible!!!

Me, I think it’s good, controls pop. of areas that have too many derr, pheasant ect. conservasion.

hunting if you eat the meat good. Hunting if you leave the carcass to rot, bad.

• Half my family is oakie, hunting is A-OK, even for sport.

• '19 Moderator

@Gewehr:

Anything!?….  :evil: how about politics JOKE !!JOKE!!!  :lol:

Well, me and my dad are going trap shooting and testing out our new 50. cal balckpowder riffle  sat. :evil:  :evil: before we go hunting pheasant.

So what do ya’ll think about hunting…good, don’t care, or, OMFG! how horible!!!

Me, I think it’s good, controls pop. of areas that have too many derr, pheasant ect. conservasion.

I hunt regularly.  If you want a challenge get a 12 ga. barrel for your black powder and hunt pheasant with that.  It get’s more fun when you only have one shot. ;)

I am considering a buffalo hunt in January.  It’s a bit pricy, all together probably $1500, but it’ll be worth it when I have 500 pounds of meat in the freezer.

So far this year I have hunted deer and dove, there’s something satisfying about hunting, killing and eating the representative symbol of peace…  Does that make me sound overly American?

• I grew up hunting and fishing.

White tail deer, grouse, pheasant, rabbit, squirrel, turkey…
    Modern rifle (30/30 for dear, .22 for squirrel), Shotgun (12 gauge), muzzleloader (.50 flintlock, PA did not allow percussion caps for mussleloader season), and archery season (Bear Recurve).

Crappy, Bass, Walleye, Trout, Muskie (you need steel leader for those, even then they bite through it from time to time).

All of it was for food on the table.  I ate a LOT of game as a kid.

The only “short” fishing I ever did was for Carp.  Fun to catch when they pull your boat up and down the river for an hour, but they taste terrible, so catch and release.  And sport shooting was only clay pigeons, targets, or some “reactive” targets (sharpshooting black walnuts still in the husk with a .22…  when you hit the nut in the center, they explode!)

• 2007 AAR League

see, i was talking about buffalo in jens post.

i asked if anyone ever had the urge to ride a buffalo at full gallop b/c i sure have.  and when i go to wyoming in the future, i will!  it’ll be better than sprinting on a horse.

the only hunting i would do is with a spear.  playing paintball, i’ve been close enough to deer to throw a spear at them.  i’ve been about 10-15 feet away from one.  it could be done, then i’d just start eating it raw right there, get back to humankinds roots.

• @axis_roll:

@Jermofoot:

At least they have an excuse.  It does confine spectators to a single location or to their TVs.

People will drink regardless… Think Friday happy hour… think "Hi Bob"during the Bob Newhart show, think up and down the river (card game)…

there’s always a reason to drink, so don’t just blame sports.

I wasn’t blaming the sports, just the people.  Sports do have to take the rap for being long and boring, though (few exceptions).

@ieatcrayons:

@Jermofoot:

Holy crap.  Can’t even keep a simple GD topic on route without it getting locked.  Even the people complaining about PD being a problem invariably turn the discussion to PD.

I’ll start.

Sports is all politics.

See what I did there?

Pic for you at the bottom.

@Cmdr:

hunting if you eat the meat good. Hunting if you leave the carcass to rot, bad.

I completely agree.

ohoq9.jpg

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m