• In a KGF game has anyone tried the following when playing USA: spend as much as feasable on bombers and run contiunous SBR on Germany/Southern Europe?

I have wanted to try this but never done it.

It would leave all the fighting to Britian and Soviets, but would the IPC loss to Germany help defeat them as effectively as if the US used conventional means?

Anyone tried this? What happened?

• @Sir:

In a KGF game has anyone tried the following when playing USA: spend as much as feasable on bombers and run contiunous SBR on Germany/Southern Europe?

I have wanted to try this but never done it.

It would leave all the fighting to Britian and Soviets, but would the IPC loss to Germany help defeat them as effectively as if the US used conventional means?

Anyone tried this? What happened?

Sure.  This is a viable allied strategy, especially if the US develops Heavy Bombers.

You can take a similiar approach with Rockets for the allies.

If you have no money to buy units, you can eventually be bled dry.

• 2007 AAR League

OOB rules with or without Heavy bombers: Yes!

LHTR: No! (cap on bomb dmg)

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

LHTR:

Get rockets for England and America.

Put 2 American AA Guns in England
    Put 2 British AA Guns in England

2 Rockets a round to Berlin
    2 Rockets a round to S. Europe

14 IPC damage on average to Germany per turn, that’s a lot!  (3.5 being the average on a D6)

Now you can use your bombers for something else.  Though, I like to send them to Germany since even if you get box cars with the rockets and bomber, you are only down 4.  But more realistically you’ll get 7 IPC for the rocket + bomber in Berlin +3.5 more for S. Europe.  =)

• I was pretty sure you can only have one rocket fire out of a territory regardless of whether you have different targets, so probably the other AA is going to Norway or the UK one could simply be the Indian AA running away into Caucasus.

@Bean:

I was pretty sure you can only have one rocket fire out of a territory regardless of whether you have different targets, so probably the other AA is going to Norway or the UK one could simply be the Indian AA running away into Caucasus.

Nope.  Read it again, dear.  In AARe you can only have 1 rocket fired per nation per territory regardless of number of AA Guns.  In LHTR 1.3 and 2.0 (and OOB I think) you can have 400 AA Guns in a territory and as long as there are 400 different Industrial Complexes in range (3 spaces) you can shoot at them all. =)

• Well, I did read 2.0 and it seems I am right.

On Pg 18 under Rocket Strikes it says

From each territory, one antiaircraft gun may attack an industrial
    complex within 3 spaces, though each industrial complex may be attacked by only one rocket
    launcher in a turn.

So my question is, why did you say this?

you can have 400 AA Guns in a territory and as long as there are 400 different Industrial Complexes in range (3 spaces) you can shoot at them all. =)

• @Bean:

So my question is, why did you say this?

Crack.

Gooood crack.

You know, what, you’re right.

And I’ve been letting America hit me for multiple rockets in Germany with 2 guns in Algeria this whole time!

• It’s ok Jen, and it turned out to help you in your game ^^

@Bean:

It’s ok Jen, and it turned out to help you in your game ^^

Yea, well he was a royal prick in the game and got the mod to force that the worst outcome of the two results be applied, even though the first outcome was obviously first.

I had to go back to a previous roll to check and make sure my artillery was applied right, they were not.  So he lost 1 hit, but because my worst of two was like -12 hits, he still came out like a bandit.

Anyway, thanks, because Germany now has +42 IPC for next round and I AM sticking him with it.  18 rounds of illegal rocket fire. (I just took every rocket on S. Europe, figured it was the most fair.  Germany’s a higher value target then S. Europe, so it would probably be the target shot at anyway.  Besides, Germany was the first rocket rolled in every round, S. Europe was the second, Caucasus the third.)

Germany lost 400 IPC in armies (killing only 215 because of that dice fiasco) but she also has 120 to spend and Japan’s going to finish off the enemy anyway!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m