• 2007 AAR League

Hello
    Could someone help me out here ?
    Trying to learn TripleA, but can’t seem to figure out how to enter edit mode?
    I see you guys making ‘edit’:s of your games all the time
    How do I do it?

Can I edit “solo” or hotseat games ? Or can I only edit Play-By-Forum games?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

• well
    you have in the upleft corner

File Game  Help

go to Game and then turn on the edit mode

when you come to combat/noncombat you ll be available to remove any units on the board you want and move any unit on the board wherever you want to

and you can also move your figs over aa guns so they cant be shot down
    when you do that, and the dices show you just pick any dice, except one

thats more or less it i think

as djensen once said triple a is triple easy :wink:

• 2007 AAR League

thank you  :-)

I am running 0.9 right now, and there this menu option does not exist. I’ll look at 0.8 though, and I’ll prolly find it!

Cheers & thanks again!

• @Amon:

go to Game and then turn on the edit mode

when you come to combat/noncombat you ll be available to remove any units on the board you want and move any unit on the board wherever you want to

Hm? I’ve been playing triplea for quite a while and I’ve never seen that option available (especially considering how easy it would allow to change a saved game…). Are you sure you’re taking of triplea or of that other mapping util? (map view? I dont use so I’m not sure of the name)

• Thx for advice but there is not any edit in my game-menu.  :cry:
    Perhaps someone could link to the triplea version with the edit feature. Becuase I don’t
    have it and I have never seen the edit option in any triplea version.

• 2007 AAR League

You have to download a special patched version from my site: http://frood.net/aacalc/maps/

Direct link to the file: http://frood.net/aacalc/maps/triplea_pbf_patched.zip

Note that this is a beta and the edit mode is not complete - it allows you to move units around, but you can’t add/remove units or IPCs. It also lets you specify how many casualties each side gets instead of rolling dice.

• 2007 AAR League

Also, I think this version is not compatible with the lobby server in TripleA 0.9.

It also lacks the zoom feature.

• 2007 AAR League

OK, I’ve downloaded the patched verision, and I’ve found the “EDIT” mode.

(in menu option Game-Enable Edit mode)

• When edit mode is “ON” I do not have to roll dice for battles, but can remove any units I wish from the board. Great no 1!
    • Furthermore, I figured out that I can move the units of ANY nation, in noncombat move (and combat move as well, I think). Great no 2!

**-Still, however, I haven’t figured out how to ADD or REMOVE units to the board, in EDIT mode??? Could someone pls help me out here? Or do I HAVE to pull a combatmove on an area, in order to remove a unit???

• Also: How do I edit IPC on hand

Any help much appreciated!**

:? confused TripleA Noob :?

But how do I add units to the board?

• 2007 AAR League

@Perry:

OK, I’ve downloaded the patched verision, and I’ve found the “EDIT” mode.

(in menu option Game-Enable Edit mode)

• When edit mode is “ON” I do not have to roll dice for battles, but can remove any units I wish from the board. Great no 1!
    • Furthermore, I figured out that I can move the units of ANY nation, in noncombat move (and combat move as well, I think). Great no 2!

**-Still, however, I haven’t figured out how to ADD or REMOVE units to the board, in EDIT mode??? Could someone pls help me out here? Or do I HAVE to pull a combatmove on an area, in order to remove a unit???

• Also: How do I edit IPC on hand

Any help much appreciated!**

:? confused TripleA Noob :?

But how do I add units to the board?

Sadly, that feature has not been implemented yet. This is a beta and apparently development has stalled. Something to do with skirt-chasing season, I am given to understand. PM tonez (developer) or rjclayton (his brother, more active on this forum) about it…

• In the older version, you enable edit mode, then click the edit tab along the right side.  Then you click the unit you want to delete then hit the “remove selected unit” button.

You cannot add units, or change IPC’s.

But with careful consideration, the remove feature is sufficient to allow you to use TripleA to mimick the results of a PBF game using the in-house Dicey.

• 2007 AAR League

@Hobbes:

Hm? I’ve been playing triplea for quite a while and I’ve never seen that option available (especially considering how easy it would allow to change a saved game…). Are you sure you’re taking of triplea or of that other mapping util? (map view? I dont use so I’m not sure of the name)

Yes, this is TripleA.  It’s a hacked version, based on the 0.8.2.2 kernel.  Which is why ppl running newer version don’t have these features (the hack is only compatible with the old kernel).

The good news is that tonez has been working on rolling these hack changes into the sourceforge project for tripleA, so future versions should all have these features, and we shouldn’t have this situations where some people are running incompatible versions.  Unfortunately, it takes time, which is the only reason it’s not already done.

Once the new (unstable) release comes out, it should have these features (plus a few more).  At least I hope it will.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m