Quick question on opening German move

• Is it legal for G on G1 to load the inf/arm on Fra to the transport in SZ 13 and amphibious assault Cau? The reasons why I bring this question up is with the G bomber also attacking Cau, the G have a good chance of taking the Cau, especially with a follow up of an ITA amphibious assault. I know the G are leaving the back door open, but the ITA can make a quick push to throw out any early UK attack on France.

• It is a legal move to amphib Cauc on G1 with the SZ 13 trans.

Looking at the board, it would be 1 inf, 1 arm, 1 bomb vs. 4 inf and the AA gun.

You have noted that this attack will leave the “back door” open… I think the bigger problem with this attack is that you are basically ceding Africa to the Allies. In my group, we non-combat the SZ 13 trans to the Libya SZ, where it is safe from the RAF in Egypt, landing the inf and arm in Libya.

With the G1 Cauc attack, the German transport is nearly guaranteed to die to the RAF fighter in Egypt. Without this transport, and if you re-amphib Cauc with the Italians, the Axis could find themselves out-of-Africa within 3-4 turns. (Our groups standard UK2 move is to land in Morocco with a few transports, followed by the Americans)

Due to the importance of the transport, I personally would only make 2 moves in the Med. Both are designed to avoid getting killed by the RAF fighter. Either- amphib Egypt with everything, and hope to kill the fighter. Or do the non-combat drop off in Libya, using the Italian Navy as a screen.

• '16 '15 '10

Russia gets to reinforce Cauc R1, so softening up Cauc for Italy isn’t a good reason to hit Cauc G1.

If you want Cauc, think about setting up for a Round 2 attack….in that case, it would be Italy and its bbs that would soften up Cauc I1 (unless it had to counter Ukraine), and then Germany goes for it G2.  To do this effectively the G Med transport should survive until G2, where it joins the Italy fleet.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m