• Well, between the games I played on my own and the games i’ve played with a few buddies of mine (total of 7), I have seen pretty much a split. 4 Axis wins, 3 allies wins BUT, all the Allied wins were with Fortune Cards, all the games played with normal cards were won by the Axis.

• What are you guys doing ?

The Allies can’t lose :-D, you just park aircraft over the central city and annihilate anything that tries to get into it.The other two cities are either swamped by the British , or cut off by the Americans….

• That is a simple stragety, although I have never tried it before, but I have always clustered my aircraft in this game.

-LT

• @losttribe04:

That is a simple stragety, although I have never tried it before, but I have always clustered my aircraft in this game.

-LT

Has that netted a few Allied wins or have the Axis just bypassed those zone and sent units around the city to establish their line?

• Like I said I cluster my Air units.  I try to pick zones that have little or no anti-air ability.  I don’t always pick the same zone twice.  I have always used them to make easy kills where I can get them.

What I have done a lot of in the past is place them on German reinforcment zones so I can funnel their reinforcements where I want them or keep them away from where I don’t want them.

-LT

• Last week I went to the WBC in Lancaster.  Me and a few friends of mine played A&A D-Day at night after the days events were over.  The Germans won every time.  I still think this game is slanted to Germany.

LT

• Yeah, I’ve played a few times in the last week and Germany has dominated.

• Does any one have any ideas how we could modify the game so it would be more ballanced?

I was wondering if you used the German reinforment card backwards.  Germany gets all the AMR first and the INF last.  The allies get the INF first and the ARM last.  I also think we should change both sides ARM rolls to revised rules.

Any other ideas?

LT

• Official Q&A

• I think what they do at the Orgins and GenCon tourneys is bid for Axis by giving up additional infantry in the airborne boxes. Fewest units gets Allies.

I think another easy answer might be to allow the Allies to violate stacking limits in the areas they land in from the beachead boxes or to move a random number of units out despite being locked in combat with Axis units.

• Cool thanks for the link.

Frimmel thanks for the ideas.

LT

• The Allies just run out of time for the most part and I think partially it is because they get bogged down at the beach. I don’t know that you’d want them to move freely out of that zone but some sort of roll to allow some units out might help.

Games where we’ve used the fortune cards and the Allies have come up on the bad side of the one that only let’s them land from just one zone and the one that restricts their movement were ugly games for the Allies – game over with units still on the reinforcement cards ugly.

Never tried it though. Haven’t had the D-Day set out since before Bulge came out.

• Old thread - but wanted to input

Played it a few times - and they’ve come down to turn 9 or 10, with twice needing to eliminate a single unit, on the last role to win it.

Axis 3 ~ Allies 1.

I echo some earlier comments -

Seems like Germany can really muck it up by just sending a few units into a single city to screw up “control”.

Few observations….

It likely goes without saying, but it seems that fighters are WAY more valuable as packs of 4 as opposed to spreading them out in singles, or groups of two.  Initially my thought was to put them in Axis reinforcement areas to try and limit the amount of incoming troops - now I’m much more inclined to leave them in groups of 4 over the cities after I occupy them or about to contest them to prevent reinforcements.

Bombers seem to work best on isolated units (no ART) and/or clearing paths as opposed to “whittling down” a controlled area.

Seems like the best strat for Axis is a defensive posture.  Haven’t tried it, but wouldn’t trying to get 2 ART, 2 INF, and 4 Tanks in your cities a pretty powerful strat?  ART for anti-air or discouragement, as well as fodder, INF for fodder, and Tanks for high defense…

Enjoying the game the few times I’ve played it and looking forward to more…

Sarge

• “The Allies can’t lose , you just park aircraft over the central city and annihilate anything that tries to get into it.The other two cities are either swamped by the British , or cut off by the Americans….”

this is what i found. Allies park 4 planes into caen and 4 planes into St lo literally the entire game. half of all german artillery  sent in is anihilated by the straffing the other half his cleared by the ground forces before the germans even get the chance to fire at them. the only advantage is the allies run out of reinforcements faster but its evened out by the carnage the germans suffer from the airplanes

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m