• Hey there,

I downloaded TripleA last night, and I noticed there was a couple of issues with transporting that I could not do. I’m wondering if it’s a problem with TripleA, or if I’ve been playing wrong.

Whenever I move with a tank, I can’t move 1 space, and then into a transport. I can only get into a transport if I’m on land right next to where a transport is. I thought you could move 1 space, then into a transport, move the transport, and offload. Am I wrong or is the game wrong?

I also thought you could load 1 infantry on a transport, move 1 seazone space, put another guy on a transport, move 1 seazone space, and then offload. But it only lets me put the initial one on.

If this could be clarified for me I’d appreciated it. Thanks!

JOSH

• The tank cannot move before loading, it must be adjacent to the sz where your transport is.  So TripleA is correct.

You should be able to load a man, move on space, load another, move one space and unload.  If you cannot then TripleA is not responding correctly.

I hope this helps.

• Thanks. Also I have a question with naval bombardment.

Do you only get to naval bombard once, or if the battle continues can you naval bombard each time? Also, when defending from naval bombardment, do you only kill land units, or can the person attacking choose to take a hit on his/her battleship?

• Official Q&A

@cocotheflyingnut:

Do you only get to naval bombard once, or if the battle continues can you naval bombard each time?

Only once per battle.

@cocotheflyingnut:

Also, when defending from naval bombardment, do you only kill land units, or can the person attacking choose to take a hit on his/her battleship?

Bombarding ships may not be taken as casualties.

• Okay. Also, I’m confused with subs. Can you attack with a bunch of subs, kill a naval unit or 2 with your surprise strike, and then retreat without being attacked back?

And with subs, do you have a surprise strike first, and then you attack normal along with your other naval units?

• Official Q&A

@cocotheflyingnut:

Okay. Also, I’m confused with subs. Can you attack with a bunch of subs, kill a naval unit or 2 with your surprise strike, and then retreat without being attacked back?

No.  You must wait until the end of the combat round to retreat, so the surviving defenders get to return fire.

@cocotheflyingnut:

And with subs, do you have a surprise strike first, and then you attack normal along with your other naval units?

No.  They do one or the other, depending upon whether or not there’s an opposing destroyer.

• '10

@Krieghund:

@cocotheflyingnut:

No.  They do one or the other, depending upon whether or not there’s an opposing destroyer.

I’m a little confused…can you amplify your answer for a surprise sequence? I roll for all attacking ships at once and casualties from sub hits dont return fire.

• Official Q&A

See this thread for a breakdown of the combat sequence.

• Other questions:

Germany has taken over Caucasus, but Russia is moving in on Germany and takes it over. Japan comes from the East and takes over Russia.

#1: Can Russia produce out of Germany? Or because their capital is gone, they no longer can produce anywhere?

#2:If Russia is taken over first, and then Russia takes out Germany, what happens to the money Russia would take from Germany? Does it go to the bank?

#3: Does Caucasus become Japans? Does Japan have to put units in Caucasus for it to become theirs, or will it always be Germany’s unless Russia takes it back, and Japan takes it from them?

#4: If Russia was taken over from Germany, but Russia takes Germany, and you have Japanese units also in Russia, who has ownership of Russia, and who, if anyone, is allowed to produce there?

• Official Q&A

@cocotheflyingnut:

#1: Can Russia produce out of Germany? Or because their capital is gone, they no longer can produce anywhere?

You can’t purchase units if you don’t hold your capital.

@cocotheflyingnut:

#2:If Russia is taken over first, and then Russia takes out Germany, what happens to the money Russia would take from Germany? Does it go to the bank?

The USSR still gets the IPCs, but it can’t spend them until its capital is liberated.

@cocotheflyingnut:

#3: Does Caucasus become Japans? Does Japan have to put units in Caucasus for it to become theirs, or will it always be Germany’s unless Russia takes it back, and Japan takes it from them?

It will remain under German control until captured by an Allied power.  Japan can’t take it from Germany.

@cocotheflyingnut:

#4: If Russia was taken over from Germany, but Russia takes Germany, and you have Japanese units also in Russia, who has ownership of Russia, and who, if anyone, is allowed to produce there?

Germany controls Russia until it is liberated by an Allied power.  Germany can’t mobilize units there, since its capital is in enemy hands.  Japan can’t mobilize units there, since it doesn’t control the territory.  So, no one is allowed to use the IC until the situation changes (either Russia or Germany is liberated).

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m