• I’m playing a game on Saturday as Germany.  Our bid has turned out to be an extra armor in Egypt.

On G1, ignoring the eastern front, I’d like to accomplish the following:
    1. destroy UK DD in SZ6
    2. destroy UK BB, TR in SZ 2
    3. destroy UK CA, DD in SZ 12
    4. take Egypt

Obviously the eastern front will be land-based.

In looking at the situation, it seems that I can’t do all four on G1.  Please let me know if I’m incorrect, otherwise let me know - which attack would you forego?  Thanks in advance for any help.

• It is possible to succeed in those attacks, however it will be up to the dice.

The Egypt battle is the simplest… just bring eveything you can, including the bomber. It’s not an easy battle though, especially with the tank bid.

The SZ 6 destroyer is the easiest. Send the SZ 5 u-boat and either the ftr from Poland, the cruiser, or all 3.

The trickiest battles will be SZ 2 and 12. One ftr (Norway) definitley goes to the BB, and the 2 remaining ftrs go to SZ 12. The decision will be to send either one or two subs to SZ2. It is a tough call, as leaving the transport alive in SZ2 is bad, but a combo of poor rolls in SZ 12 and Egypt can kill the Italian Navy (via RAF) before it gets a chance to move.

If you had to pick 3 of the 4, I’d say concentrate on SZ 2, 12, and 6. Reinforce Libya, keep your Med transport safe, and wait till G2/I2 for Egypt.

• '16

The Egypt battle is the one I would drop.  Africa isn’t a front that develops that quickly, and even if you leave it intact, it’s really hard for the UK to re-enforce it, so it tends to bleed out eventually all by itself.

• With a bid unit to Egypt, you had better just leave Egypt alone and hit the following:

sz2 use 1 ss, 1 fig, 1 bmb
    sz6 use 1 ss, 1 fig (+ 1 ca if you feel like it)
    sz12 use 1 ss, 2 fig
    take Gibraltar with an infantry from France or Algeria to help Italy get its NO

on Italy 1, you can hit Egypt or Trj, whichever, or both if the UK pulled back to Sudan.  Just make sure to get both of your NO’s so as to get the money flowing.  If the UK pulled out of Egypt so that your Libyian troops can take it, you could even move the fleet to sz13, dropping off 1 inf, 1 arm in Algeria so that on Italy 2 you could take Brazil with the infantry unit if the US is headed to the Pacific, but the armor unit could still go to Egypt on Italy 2.

This should accomplish what you need to accomplish.

Also, you should buy at least 1 air unit on G1 (preferably a bomber), so as to keep the pressure up on the UK Atlantic fleet since you should have decimated it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m