• I feel strongly that I know the answer to this but promised my face to face friend I would ask this question for him here to get clarification. Here is his question/argument in his own words:

“Liberating a Territory” says that if the original controller’s capital is in enemy hands and you (a friendly power) capture a territory (owned by the friendly power which lost its capital), the capturing power collects income from the territory and may use any industrial complexes in the territory. Thus, if Russia loses Moscow (while occupying Karalia and Italy) and Britain then captures Karalia and Italy, Britain would earn IPCs from these two territories and be able to use the two industrial complexes (until Russia regains its capital). This seems consistent with the above notes on page 26. Moreover, I can’t think of any other reason why page 20 would say that the conquering power (Britain in this example) may “use the industrial complex there until the original controller’s capital is liberated.” Pages 20 and 26 seem consistent.

My reading of pages 20 + 26 is that if a country’s capital is in enemy hands, and a friendly power controls another factory owned by this country, the friendly power can use the factory and collect IPCs. I was really hoping that if Italy fell to Russia and Russia fell to Japan, that America or Britain could later use the Italian factory. "

• @kreighund if it wasn’t too much trouble, could you weigh in on the above?

• @the_good_captain said in Rules Question/Clarification:

My reading of pages 20 + 26 is that if a country’s capital is in enemy hands, and a friendly power controls another factory owned by this country, the friendly power can use the factory and collect IPCs.

Yes.

I was really hoping that if Italy fell to Russia and Russia fell to Japan, that America or Britain could later use the Italian factory. "

No. You cannot capture a territory from a friendly power, whether or not that power has fallen.

If the USSR controls Italy when Moscow falls, it retains control (and cannot use the IC) until Italy is recaptured by the Axis, after which another Allied power could capture it from the Axis (and use the IC). The same applies to Karelia.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m