• Can someone tell me how this works please.  I can see it being beneficial but not sure what the steps are in ‘bidding’.

Regards,
    scampb

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Usually players use a blind bid where they submit the amount of IPCs they want into a server, the server tells them by email which bid was lower (in case of a tie, the server chooses one player at random.)

The person who “won” the bid decides how s/he will spend the money and what units will be placed where.

Generally the rule is that you must place units on your own territories.  So you would not see a German Infantry in French Indo-China or a Japanese Submarine in SZ 12.

The idea is that you are bidding for the amount of IPC needed to bring the game into balance.  It’s generally thought that in Classic and Revised the Axis are at a disadvantage and thus need more units to make the game fair.

Bids in Classic tend to run between 22 and 32 IPC. (4 infantry, 2 armor; 9 infantry, 1 armor; 1 fighter, 5 infantry, 1 armor; etc.)
    Bids in Revised tend to run between 5 and 9 IPC. (armor in libya; submarine in SZ 50; 3 infantry in Ukraine, etc.)

To my knowledge there has been no bidding in Anniversary yet.  However, I am getting close to asking for the allies to have a bid of 5 so that Russia may start with a second tank.

• Thanks Commander.  I don’t play on-line but I assume the same thing can be done on board with written bid on a piece of paper.  Yeah,  I don’t see the need for a bid in AA50 yet but Japan sure is strong……

Regards,
    scampb

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@scampb:

Thanks Commander.  I don’t play on-line but I assume the same thing can be done on board with written bid on a piece of paper.  Yeah,  I don’t see the need for a bid in AA50 yet but Japan sure is strong……

Regards,
    scampb

Yup, put the bids in a hat and then draw them out, lower one wins.

Or sign up for DAAK.de and use theirs.  If you don’t want ot sign up, use Frood.net.

• @Cmdr:

Bids in Revised tend to run between 5 and 9 IPC. (armor in libya; submarine in SZ 50; 3 infantry in Ukraine, etc.)

It’s a commonly held convention with many players (including triplea players) that there is a maximum of one bidded unit per territory.

• That is true at some sites but is not the case with bids here.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m