• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I am wondering, and feel free to shoot this down, refine it, or say awesome idea whatever you want, if it might not be exciting to give BOTH sides a bid?

What I am thinking is this:

Each side is given 13 IPC to spend on units IMMEDIATELY.  Money can be sent as follows:

• +1 IPC to any ground unit on the board to upgrade it to the next ground unit (Infantry >> Artillery  Artillery >> Armor)  Can only upgrade a unit once.
    • +1 or +2 IPC to any naval unit on the board to upgrade it to the next naval unit (Submarine >> Transport  Destroyer >> Cruiser  Cruiser >> Carrier - note that you wouldn’t be able to upgrade to a Battleship given the large price jump!)
    • 2 IPC can be spend upgrading a fighter to a bomber
    • Any number of IPC can be spend on new units
    • No more than 5 IPC can be spend on any one nation
    • IPC spent on China counts as IPC for America (ie it counts against the 5 IPC American can use maximum.)

The allies upgrade first, then the axis upgrade.

• For fun games its prob a neat idea, but I bet there is some combo out there that you can do that would become unstoppable.

• Or give 15 units to each side, and spent them as AAEurope

• @Cmdr:

I am wondering, and feel free to shoot this down, refine it, or say awesome idea whatever you want, if it might not be exciting to give BOTH sides a bid?

Each side is given 13 IPC to spend on units IMMEDIATELY.  Money can be sent as follows:

• +1 IPC to any ground unit on the board to upgrade it to the next ground unit (Infantry >> Artillery  Artillery >> Armor)  Can only upgrade a unit once.
    • +1 or +2 IPC to any naval unit on the board to upgrade it to the next naval unit (Submarine >> Transport  Destroyer >> Cruiser  Cruiser >> Carrier - note that you wouldn’t be able to upgrade to a Battleship given the large price jump!)
    • IPC spent on China counts as IPC for America (ie it counts against the 5 IPC American can use maximum.)

Ya know what’s funny, say 25 years ago a group of us sat around a large tables, beers & J’s aplenty discussing the same things w/respect to AA Classic. Now here we are, 25 or so years later, no beers or J’s and discussing this online. Crazy

• @JWW:

@Cmdr:

Ya know what’s funny, say 25 years ago a group of us sat around a large tables, beers & J’s aplenty discussing the same things w/respect to AA Classic. Now here we are, 25 or so years later, no beers or J’s and discussing this online. Crazy

Nice observation  :mrgreen:.
    I must admit though, the image of 25 years ago looks so much prettier  :-D

Back to topic…sadly.

Jennifer, before I look into it, why would you do this, what are the intentions? Just to add some more variety, as each player can pimp his army in a way he suits best?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

put an IC in France with NO aa.

That’ll make the game more interesting.

• Put an IC in EVERY SINGLE TERRITORY ! :-D

I wonder what would happen ? :|

• allies win

• @Cmdr:

1 IPC Submarine >> Transport
    2 IPC can be spend upgrading a fighter to a bomber

Germany upgrades 3 Subs to Transports, than 1 Fighter to Bomber, then kills Britain first turn with 5 Infantry, 3 Tanks, 2 Fighters, and 2 Bombers.  Britain can… build a Tank.

• good point Wodan!

• I love all the discussion about unstoppable strategies. This is a very interesting idea. Would be very interesting to see it utilized. Just like Wodan made.

It’s all very cool.

• '10

@JWW:

Now here we are, 25 or so years later, no beers or J’s and discussing this online. Crazy

Speak for thyself…  :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m