Subs-should you be able to pass over them with out consequences

• My son and I are setting up an AA50 game to play tonight. I’m allies he’s axis. We went over some house rules for the match. The oob rule for subs is a fleet can ignore just subs and pass over to the next sz, or if you have a dd you can engage them as an option but that would stop your movement. He wants to also give an engage battle option to the subs below. Subs would roll an attack dice @ 2 (3w/ss) or def dice @1(we have also talked about subs def @2) not sure which at this point. He says that it would not stop movement because subs would only get 1 shot each then you could continue on. I of coarse said that if your taking pot shots at me I’m firing at you. His reasoning is subs would make such an attack, they wouldn’t just sit idle. I can see his point, but pointed out that each sz is 100’s of miles and they could pass and never know it. He says yea but not every time. Again we don’t want these subs to be able to block movement, but a 1 rd battle might be ok with the surface fleet getting its licks in. A destroyer in the fleet would also negate a surprise first strike. Who knows it might back fire on him and rid me of those pesky German subs.
    **I’m not sure if this is allowed to happen who would get attack dice and who should get def dice.
    **I was thinking maybe the subs would get a dice roll to determine if they can engage?
    Any quick feed back would be great. Thanks WB

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m